Redwood Dent Now a Feature

Vic D

Reaction score
Had a dent that wouldn't come out as some of you may recall. Here's the solution. Ebony pick guard. It was kind of a challenge to get it thin enough and rounded on the edges. In the future I'll probably do more of these. I used the 3M adhesive that StewMac sells to attach the pick guard.
Redwood top, poplar back and sides, spanish cedar neck with rosewood stripe, honduras rosewood fretboard, bridge and bridge patch, spanish cedar linings, mahogany heel block, poplar tail block, walnut binding and end graft, ebony nut, saddle and pick guard.
Been playing it every day, I guess I might give redwood a shot again in the future. The uke sounds good, better than I expected and now that the set up GHS strings were swapped with a set of Aquilas it even sounds better.

Aloha Vic, well done. Very nice looking uke, congratulations. The ebony pick guard looks awesome.

Aloha Vic,
Nice ukulele...nice cover up!! thanks for sharing!!!! Happy Holidays!! MM Stan..

Vic, clever functional fix that makes it look unique and beautiful. One of my recently acquired ukes was obviously played hard -
has lots of strum marks on both sides of the strings - this guard would have prevented that.

Nicely done, Vic. It is wonderful to see a creative solution integrated into the design and well-crafted. Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone! Bluesuke, the rosette is four strips of "ebony/maple/ebony" purfling. I really really want to do my own tiled rosettes. I've got a couple of designs drawn up, just a matter of buying more... stuff.

Here's a pic of some rough rosette designs, still need some tweaking... they look doable?

Last edited:
Sharp looking pick guard! Nice.

Thanks everyone.. hahaha, I've just been watching some Strong Bad... what a character. It does kinda have the Strong Bad look. :)

Cool. I am going to fit Baron's new soundboard with pick- / nailguards. When he landed on the uke he was halfway through the cedar top on the lower side, the top side had some damage as well.

Well it sure sounded hot in the video I saw. I know it'll come back good as new or better.

Last edited:
Vic, played that nicely, uke sounds good. Webcam sucks. Please tell me what kind it is, so I don't get one. Thanks.

Top Bottom