Cordoba ck25 concert Uke

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have just started playing a little while ago and just purchased my 3rd uke yesterday. I am replacing this concert uke with the Koaloha sceptre. Can't wait! Anyway this has to go. I bought it from a music store on line at a discounted price a month ago. It has blemishes. I am posting pics so you know what you are getting. The only thing that "concerns" me is the bridge. So you know though, I have replaced strings and play this at least an hour a day and there has been no change in it but I want full disclosure here. That is also why I am only asking $130 and that INCLUDES shipping (CONUS of course). All knicks/scratches are cosmetic only (came that way). This plays very nice with aquila strings I have on it. It retails at $270 at our local music store. Any questions please feel free to PM. I can accept Paypal or money order if you want to mail it to me. Thanks for looking, Dean

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 50
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
more pics to view

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 28
What king of wood is it? Amazon says solid Koa. Is this what we have here?
Thanks.

Last edited:
that is what I am told it is too. It looks like it is a solid body not a laminate to me. Thanks, rem

Cordoba says they use "Solid Koa", but apparently their "Koa" is grown in Portugal.

I own a Cordoba Tenor though, and even if the Koa is actually a Portuguese grown acacia, it is still gorgeous.

Overall, I would say that I find the Cordoba to be excellent, but annoying. Given the solid construction, the beautiful wood, and the nice sound, it should be an amazing ukulele... but it seems to fall short somehow. Everything about it is "good", but I always feel like it should be better.

For someone moving up from a laminate or a cheap Mahalo, at $130 shipped, I think this is a great deal. A solid Hawaiian Koa uke by one of the "K"s would definitely be better - but you sure as heck ain't gonna get one at this price.

Thanks for the clarification. I feel someone is going to get a great deal too! The only reason I am selling is because I did the big move (for me) to a koaloha sceptre that you saw in the marketplace here. Banking on a big difference!

Top Bottom