Springsteen's "Thunder Road" cover

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
I've been working on this for a week or so, and finally figured out that I can pretty much sing it if I tune down a whole step. I'd tried it in C tuning, but I don't have the pipes that a 25 year old Bruce had. I tried it on my baritone, and that was more successful, but a little too low. I tried it in D tuning, singing it down an octave. That was too low. I think this key mostly works. At least it's in my range. I could probably benefit from voice lessons or something. But anyway, there it is.

I used to hate Bruce Springsteen, until I was driving one day and heard "The River" on the radio, and actually paid attention to the lyrics. I don't hate him anymore.

Springsteen rules! You did an excellent job on the tune, especially transposing the intro.

Aloha Chris,
Another great Job, sounded nice with your style 1.. works well in the key of "F" and you sung good too!!!! I enjoyed it very Much!! Thanks for sharing...Happy Holidays to you and your family!! MM Stan..

Thanks Seeso and Stan. Stan, I tried several different ukes, but the Style 1 sounded best in that tuning. I am liking that Martin more and more! I still love my Style 2 also, though!

Hi Chris, here's your singing lesson...YOU'RE AWESOME, "you don't need no stink'n lessons"! you did an excellent job.
Thanks,
DAP

Thank you DAP. I think my voice could use a little more control, but you know what they say about being your own worse critic. I think I SHOULD be able to sing this in its original key, and would like to be able to someday. I can ALMOST do it.

Top Bottom