Oh my, a new callus...

OldePhart

Reaction score
Heh heh, just noticed I'm getting a new callus on the side of my left index figure. I've had callusses (callussi?) on my finger tips since I started playing guitar a bunch of moons ago - in fact I think I've killed most of the nerves in my left fingertips because when even when I go for an extended period without playing and don't have visible callusses I still have hard little bumps under the tips and they don't have much feeling left in them.

This is a new callus where I've never had one, though. Spent about twenty minutes tonight playing everything I've been playing to try to figure when I'm tilting my finger like that and I think it's just on a handful of chords where I've got to pack my fingers in close. Good thing I'm not playing a soprano or I'd probably have callusses on the back of my wrist! LOL

John

Aloha John, congratulations I guess? Keep on strumming & keep the callusses coming. Happy Holidays!

Aloha John,
Those Callouses are a badge of honor in myn book....wear them with pride...Have Fun and Enjoy!! Happy Strummings and Holidays!!! MM Stan...

+1 on a sign of progress! Congrats!

Not heard of the callus yet, where are they made and are they better than a Martin... what are the best strings to use and is it in high or low G

Hmmmmm I don't think I actually have "callussi", but my fingertips are desensitized (numb) and on the tough side, and don't ever hurt, but a true callus I don't think I have ever had. Even with guitar. But I'm with Stan, anytime they are numb and don't hurt, a badge of honor :) Lozark

Not heard of the callus yet, where are they made and are they better than a Martin... what are the best strings to use and is it in high or low G
Hi Pastyman, Sorry I'm not sure if you're joking. The "callus" is not a uke. It's the hardening of the skin, on the fretting hand finger tips. :)
DAP

Gottcha!!!.
Sorry guys but since joining this site , though I love it and find it very helpful and interesting, I have noticed that there is a tendency to be a bit "Annoracky" ( for those who might not recognise this term)its related to the likes of train spotters, and twitchers and others who have a very concentrated interest in their chosen hobby. So many posts seem to relate to particular models of ukes or strings of ukes with very little in the way of humor even though you all agree the uke is a great "fun " instrument.
Now I enjoy a good piss take and provided you dont show me the door, I may from time to time be a little bit irreverent and silly.

I,ll get me coat!!!

The Callus ukuleles are knockoff Collings made in Juarez, very comparable to the Mateus models. Armadillo strings, of course.:D

Gottcha!!!.
Sorry guys but since joining this site , though I love it and find it very helpful and interesting, I have noticed that there is a tendency to be a bit "Annoracky" ( for those who might not recognise this term)its related to the likes of train spotters, and twitchers and others who have a very concentrated interest in their chosen hobby. So many posts seem to relate to particular models of ukes or strings of ukes with very little in the way of humor even though you all agree the uke is a great "fun " instrument.
Now I enjoy a good piss take and provided you dont show me the door, I may from time to time be a little bit irreverent and silly.

I,ll get me coat!!!
Dang, that went right over my callused head, happens all the time:)

Nah love the humor! don't walk, keep typin. a takeoff on some comment with a twist and bit of humor is for me always welcome. I caught it and had a huge smile. Lozark

Top Bottom