New Uke Day?

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ok Ok, it aint' a Uke this time. But, I had to share, because I am excited for my daughter, and can't wait to see her face Christmas morning when she finds this hanging behind the tree. This is her dream guitar she has been wanting for years. It's used, but in very like new condition. I played it a little bit yesterday while she was out, and it has that awesome Les Paul growl. Love it, and she is gonna be STOKED... I feel like a little kid again waiting for Christmas morning. She's gonna be so excited...

155504_184912341524564_100000173975723_722545_2796039_n.jpg

I LOVE being so excited to give someone a gift you just know that they are going to love!! How are you going to wait.. We bought my daughter a violin.. and couldn't wait.. bummer.. she needed it... her rental was WAY to small!!

Looking forward to hearing of her excitement... keep the camera rolling!

I feel so good about it, because she really deserves it. I gave her my old Strat years ago, and she has really worked hard on that, and for the most part, taught herself to play. I helped her the best I could, but have a hard time playing anymore because of arthritis, but helped her best I could. She has gotten pretty damn good, and plays better than most 13 year olds I have heard. She's worked hard, and this will be her first guitar that isn't a hand me down. That poor strat is gonna be neglected I bet at least for awhile, but she'll keep it for prosperity I am sure. She has always loved all the old strat kings (Clapton, SRV, etc) but also all the Les Paul kings, (Jimmy Page, Slash, EVH, Neal Schon). Anyway, again, I am excited and it's killin me not to give it to her now.. lol

That's a very nice LP and you are a very nice dad!
Have a Merry Christmas Tudorp!

Nice git! I am sure that she will love it. I remember my first really good guitar, a Gretsch Electromatic vintage archtop. I wish I still had it. Oh, well. That's the story of my life.

I have a few instruments that I plan to keep forever... the KoAloha Super-Concert and Pineapple Sunday, the Hofner Bass and CT "Club Guitar", the Ohana CK-300G, and some others. I also have grown to love the Parkwood PW320M auditorium-bodied guitar. That's a keeper. I never should have traded off my Les Paul, either.

yeah, it's not worth selling them IMHO, because all your instruments in your life mark a point in your life, and sometimes you don't appreciate their significance until years later and they are gone. Two I wish I still had was my very first bass, and old worn out fender that I bought as a basket case back in 1974ish. Stripped and refinished it, and put it put it back together only to sell it for my true love I found at a music shop back in 1976ish. It was a custom made Rickenbacher bass. A customer ordered custom ordered it from Rickenbacker and never picked it up. It was an all blacked out (not sure about this, but may have been a one off). Black everything, knobs, bindings, hardware, black pearl inlays, even the fretboard was black. Not sure what it was made of, but if I remember, it was something like an African Black Oak wood. Never seen another like it. That is one, that I wished I had back for sure.

is that a studio gothic les paul?

Beautiful guitar. I bet your daughter loves it. I hope you take photos of your daughter unwrapping it on Christmas day.

Yes, it's a Studio Goth Les Paul. Im not into Goth, nor is she, but I have always loved the blacked out subtlety of the look. She has always loved it too. She hasn't seen the "goth" studio model yet, but she's been wanting an all black Les Paul, and the Goth model fits perfectly. The Goth finish is a satin black and just looks awesome. She loves the satin finishes too, so again, perfect match. I prefer the studio, because it has the hardware of the Standard, but more stripped down on trim and gives it a cleaner look. The studio doesn't have binding, and other cosmetic bells and whistles. The binding on a studio wouldn't have any function anyway, because it is a solid mahogany body. The standard is also mahogany, but the carved top is maple, so the binding is more needed not only to strenthen the bonding of the two pieces, but also to cover the mating line. The Goth to me, just has that "Rat Rod" look both me and my daughter love.

mds, it's not going to be wrapped. It's not really part of what she knows as her Christmas. We have other stuff under the tree for her, and she thinks that's it. Our family tradition has always been (since I was a kid) to have a gift opening Christmas Eve night, go to bed, then Santa comes and brings the rest. Since my daughter figured out Santa was me, We still have Santa gift under the tree for her, and it's there before Christmas, but that one she has to wait till Christmas morning. That gift is under the tree now, and she's been picking it up, and shaking it every so often wondering what it is. The guitar is a TOTAL suprise, because there is nothing under the tree near the size, or even hints it's coming. Where our tree is, there is a guitar wall hanger right behind it where one of my vintage banjos usually hang. I had her take the banjo down when she put up the tree so it wouldn't be in the way of the "tree". So, there is nothing hanging from it right now. But after she goes to bed Christmas Eve night, I am going to sneak back to the living room (sneaky Santa) and hang her Les Paul on that hanger behind the tree unwrapped. She's going to get up in the morning to unwrap her single Santa gift that is under the tree, and I am going to see how long she goes before she even notices the Les Paul hanging there behind the tree. THAT will be freak out time I know, lol.. She'll notice, because she is like her old man, and VERY observant about things around her, especially stuff like that, hehheh..

Can't wait.. Been imagining the whole senerio in my mind for days now.. ;)

Last edited:
Would you please be my daddy too??? :eek: You must be an angel.. do you have a video camera you can casually set up pre-aimed so you can just push record?

Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,

I hope you bought some ear plugs for when she sees that....maybe after too...Man...you're a cool dad...Wow!!! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!! MM Stan..
Wish I could see her expression brother!!!! a video...maybe...he he

Last edited:
Oh, Tudorp, you'll have to give us a detailed description of that morning, how long it took her to notice and how loud she screamed and how high she jumped, and anything else that happens. Better yet. Set up a video. Darn, I'm excited just thinking about it. Would love to see it. She's a lucky girl to have you as her dad. Curious now. What's in the wrapped box?

hi brother Tudorp,

bless you mate. Such an awesome gift. Can feel your own joy and excitement. Camera to document your daughter's reaction please!!! Thanks for reminding us all that Christmas is about the giving, not the receiving. You a great example to all of us. May the Lord surround you and your family with His love, peace and joy this year. And for many, many more. Blessings brother! :)

Is it just me? Probably not...Tudorp, the way you love your kid makes me feel like we are all going to be OK- thanks for that brah, especially this Christmas

What a lucky girl she is to have a father who appreciates fine instruments and is willing to buy her one. :)

My father was one of the cheapest mofos who ever lived. I remember one year all I wanted for Christmas was an AM/FM clock radio because we'd finally gotten a hip AOR (album oriented rock) FM station that played cool stuff instead of just the usual top 40.

Instead, I got an AM-only one because he said it was "just as good, only cheaper." I cried. I never forgot what it meant to be let down like that.

Tudorp I think that we're as excited to see her face as you are! Dontcha love giving presents?

Thanks fokes for all your kind words. I wish I did have a video recorder, but ours broke about a year or so ago, and we hadn't been able to replace it yet. I will be taking pictures tho. I might can get a short video if I am fast enough, because my wife's digital camera has a video mode, but it isn't that great of quality. I will try, because I would love to have it forever too.

And, I'm a cheap mo fo too my friend, hahhahh.. I do like to give my kids stuff I know they will love at Christmas, and sometimes go overboard. But they are by no means spoiled. They do without allot of frivilious luxuries, but at Christmas time, I do love to make that season for them rememberable. They all are great kids, and know the real Christmas gift was our Christ 2000 years ago, and we can only try to top that in our lives, knowing that we never will be able to. My 13 year old daughter is the last one at home, and lots younger than her brothers, so she grew up mostly as an only child. She's an awesome kid, and deserves it.

As requested about her other gift under the tree. Santa got her a Laptop. She's had to use my piece of junk desktop for years now and it boots up only half the time. She has no idea what that is either, because my laptop is old and a heep too, and she knows I need a new one, and knows that she has no chance of getting a new one before I do, hahhah.. So, she'll be happy about that too. It's a cheap laptop, one of those Acer sub notebooks under $300, but will suit her just fine and she will be happy to have her own laptop. But, I still think she's gonna forget it's there as soon as she sees her LP, lol..

Oh man - she's going to be a happy girl come christmas! I have an Asus netbook like you're talking about and they're terrific.

Top Bottom