Another Stromberg Voisinet for sale

Jnobianchi

Reaction score
Attn. Two Trax, Ukebeatsguitar and other S-V fans. Here's another dark maple resonator model, up for sale.

This one first appears to be in terrible shape - I wonder how you get a vellum to turn that color? But on examination, it may not be as bad as it looks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130464442614&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Then again, it MAY be as bad as it looks. Anyway - I just throw it out here for your information. It's not one of mine! :)

Oh my god- I will resist bidding as that color will not make me a proud pappa any day. Was bidding on the May Bell 20 (birds eye Maple) until the guy pulled the auction- dang it, I need a May Bell 7"

you mean this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...OjS6BUc%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That seller was assuming an awful lot! The reason the other model 20 went for $345 was because SnakeOiler did such a good job of selling it, with videos, extensive pics, and a great description - that and the fact that a highly motivated buyer came on the scene. That's not likely to happen with what he had posted.

Anyway, I hate it when people pull their auctions early, but you KNOW that another five or six will come up in the next month. They're really common - thankfully! Also, I'm sure you already figured this out, but consider S.S. Stewart Collegian - it's the same instrument made by Slingerland for sale by Stewart.

Yeah- I was looking at a collegian as well. Not sure it is OK, but I would really like to make a lonb scale (tenor) neck for a small Maybell pot and see what I come up with...bit more room for my chubby fingers at least, so I am looking CHEAP.
That would indeed be the one. He has relisted with more terms in the title and now it is getting hit like crazy- off to France it goes ;)

Did you see the two Ludwig Wendell Halls? The sellers aren't doing themselves any favors with those bad photos, but the cheaper one, that's currently at $250, is the better instrument. SO...tempting. ....must...excercise....control...

Yeah- hitting return with "Banjo Uke" in the search box is becoming a problem on Ebay. Have not played a Ludwig (have not played anything but a May Bell)- how do they stack up? I love my May Bell and the sounds she makes...and like I said, the wife sees a 7" as totally different (YES!)
Uggghhh- have you seen what Elderly is asking for Dixies lately? I think one for the car would be cool, but not at anything over about $60-they are at $250!!!

Last edited:
Yes - I can't believe what they're charging for Dixies - which really are the equivalent of beater ukes.

The two models of Ludwig, The Gibson UB-3,4 & 5, and the 30s Abbot Monarchs are regarded as the three best banjo ukes. Having played Gibson and Ludwig, I can't disagree. The Wendell Hall is head and shoulders above anything else I own, as is the flanged UB3 I've played. If I could, I'd just keep picking up these Ludwigs, but at between 700 and 2k for Wendell Halls and 3-5K for the nickel and gold-plated Ludwig Banjo-Uke - there's no way!

Oh my god- I will resist bidding as that color will not make me a proud pappa any day. Was bidding on the May Bell 20 (birds eye Maple) until the guy pulled the auction- dang it, I need a May Bell 7"

How badly do you want it? What's your price range? What exactly do you want? I can probably obtain a suitable option for you. Do you need just the pot?

Last edited:
Attn. Two Trax, Ukebeatsguitar and other S-V fans. Here's another dark maple resonator model, up for sale.

This one first appears to be in terrible shape - I wonder how you get a vellum to turn that color? But on examination, it may not be as bad as it looks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130464442614&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Then again, it MAY be as bad as it looks. Anyway - I just throw it out here for your information. It's not one of mine! :)

Smoke and or Water. Likely been in a place that had a fire. Also, where in the pics does it show the side? Are they hiding something?

Top Bottom