When I learn to play the notes, I want play like this. . .

Yes she is talented. Interesting that she uses a thumb pick on the last half the vid, and the uke is set up as an 8 string but looks like only two strings used on the 4th string. Certainly has a classical, flamenco feel to it. Maybe we should all play barefooted :) Lozark

Wouldn't we all?

If this were the start of a finish-the-sentence thread, I'd end it with the name...

Gordon Mark!

If you haven't heard him or heard of him, check him out on YouTube.

Just Google: 'Gordon Mark' and select the 9 minute lesson or Over the Rainbow performance
and the 2 minute lesson on his 'secret' picking pattern.

FYI he gives free ukulele lessons sometimes at the Aloha Tower Mall on some Thursdays.
You'll need to contact the ATM for the actual times. It's an hour lesson and he supplies
a few loaner ukes. His forte is picking, so be prepared for that. Great lesson and he will
give you the worksheets!

Keep uke'in' everybody,

a GIFT for you: www.4shared.com/dir/74gHBwmM/Holiday_MP3s.html

Aloha Jannet,
Taimane is great..... her finger style is awesome...she used to play on the sidewalks of Waikiki and discovered by the Late Don Ho....Thanks for sharing!! Happy Holidays!! MM Stan..

I will stay with wool slippers for inside house or Sorel boots in winter! hahaha

Awesome, thanks for posting this.
DAP

Yeah, Taimane's vids are one of the things that got me "hooked" on ukes. I hadn't seen that video before. It was nice to get a closeup of the instrument. Usually I see her playing that black 8-string and I could tell that it looked like the E and A strings were singles but that's the first time I've seen a clear shot where you could tell that only the G is doubled.

It's a shame her YouTube vids don't get more attention. I've seen videos by other young ukin' ladies with very meager talent (IMHO) compared to Taimane and they go viral, while often it takes two or three years for Taimane's vids to go over 10,000 views. TANJ!

John

Top Bottom