The Duke Of Uke's - Coming 2011

DukeOfUkes

Reaction score
Greetings from The Duke Of Uke's!

Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome has been running rampant in my family ever since I first picked up a Ukulele 4 years ago. It has finally gotten to the point where our only option is to set up a shop that specializes in Ukuleles!

Although we are not scheduled to officially open until the New Year, I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself & field any questions or comments you may have. I hope you'll take a look at the website & offer some feed back. It has been a lot of work, but the bugs should be worked out & barring any small changes version 1 is ready to go!

In addition to this project I am also a Ships Officer, sailing the 7 seas. My work often gets me to foreign ports where I spend my off time searching for interesting & unique locally made Ukulele's. And through the modern miracle of the internet I am able to head this operation from anywhere in the world, thanks to the help of my lovely wife, AKA The Duchess.

Our mission is to offer high quality & unique instruments at a great price, with exceptional customer service.

Make sure to check out our Facebook page for updates! We will be adding content to the website continuously; Ukulele reviews, sound bites, videos, travel reports & more! Not to mention the Uke's themselves!

Thats all for now but stay tuned, as we will be throwing a Grand Opening contest once our stock starts rolling in the door!

The Duke

Aloha The "Duke of Uke",
Thanks for sharing...Canada needs a good ukulele shop.....Good Luck and prosper in your New endeavors and let us know how it goes!!!! Happy Holidays!! MM Stan..

Thanks for the well wishes!

Canada does suffer from a lack of dedicated Ukulele shops, which I intend to remedy!

Ukulele Junky in Montreal is pretty good. He has a good collection of products and good prices. Broadway Music in Orangeville has a good selection, and the Twelfth fret in Toronto has some. We're getting better.

"Duke": I'm sure others have pointed it out, but if you mean the plural, it is spelled "ukes" without the apostrophe. With the apostrophe it makes the word possessive, not plural, and thus means a word is missing (the object of the possession). As in, the Duke of Uke's what? And "Nobody knows uke's something? like the Duke". You might want to correct your web site.

Ian - right you are! I hadn't really thought about it but now that I have looked closer I'll go through & change that. Good eye, thanks!

No I won't be going to NAMM this time around. I am currently in Amsterdam & won't be back in time. Hopefully next year!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Canada does suffer from a lack of dedicated Ukulele shops, which I intend to remedy!

I live in Vancouver. We don't have much in terms of good ukuleles. Yet, there's a thriving community of players here.

Funnily enough I was just in Vancouver & noticed the same thing, although there was one shop down in Kitsilano that carried some nice Gold Tone banjoleles

Top Bottom