Looking for these hard to find ukes!!!

lisaxy424

Reaction score
Since I'm my own Santa this year, I would love to get one of these ukes - but I never have much luck finding them. I tried searching in the usual places, but to no avail...maybe you can help!?

The first one is the discontinued "Island Pattern" Fluke. They sell a similar design now, but the one I'm looking for has purple flowers on it. I had the opportunity to purchase this a couple years ago, but unfortunately had to pass - and never saw it since! In fact, the only picture I could find of it is the tiny little thumbnail below! I don't care what size it is, and it will most definitely be "used"...it just holds a special place in my uke-heart :)
9180317_125.jpg

And, like always, I am searching for "Lisa" brand ukuleles. They are plastic, come in an array of ugly colors, and sport one of the best names ever ;) I don't care that it's playable, just that it's intact - I'll even take just a vintage "Lisa Ukulele" box!
Lisawithboxsoft.jpg

So, if you see one of these around, please share! Thanks in advance for your help!

The only Lisa stuff I have is the little Simpson girl with the pointy head.:p

Lisa, talk to CountryMouse. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure a while ago (at least six months to a year) she posted a thread about looking for this same kind of fluke. If I recall correctly, she had to contact the company directly to see if they had any of this pattern left, but they only had ones that were considered unfit to sell, that had flaws of some sort or another. I remember her being extremely pleased with her uke though, and I'm pretty sure that flaw was so minuscule, you could barely see it. The uke wound up being semi-custom, I think she got to pick the neck wood and everything. So yes! Talk to her, and then see if you can get in touch with the company and make it happen!

Since I'm my own Santa this year, I would love to get one of these ukes - but I never have much luck finding them. I tried searching in the usual places, but to no avail...maybe you can help!?

The first one is the discontinued "Island Pattern" Fluke. They sell a similar design now, but the one I'm looking for has purple flowers on it. I had the opportunity to purchase this a couple years ago, but unfortunately had to pass - and never saw it since! In fact, the only picture I could find of it is the tiny little thumbnail below! I don't care what size it is, and it will most definitely be "used"...it just holds a special place in my uke-heart :)
9180317_125.jpg

And, like always, I am searching for "Lisa" brand ukuleles. They are plastic, come in an array of ugly colors, and sport one of the best names ever ;) I don't care that it's playable, just that it's intact - I'll even take just a vintage "Lisa Ukulele" box!
Lisawithboxsoft.jpg

So, if you see one of these around, please share! Thanks in advance for your help!

If all else fails you can get a top for the type (Flea or fluke) and paint it. If you need help or want me to give it a stab just say so. We would have to wait until it was warm, but it is only $8 for a top, so very little risk if you dont like it.
Also you can customize it, Put your name on it, or get it laster etched. Just an idea.
awesome to see you in Chicago.

Yes! I knew I wasn't crazy. Here's the video where she talks about the process of getting her island design fluke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCeFHACsXlc

Ok, how crazy is THAT!? Hopefully they have one more top lying around! :) THANK YOU TINA!!!!

If all else fails you can get a top for the type (Flea or fluke) and paint it. If you need help or want me to give it a stab just say so. We would have to wait until it was warm, but it is only $8 for a top, so very little risk if you dont like it.
Also you can customize it, Put your name on it, or get it laster etched. Just an idea.
awesome to see you in Chicago.

Tim, I'll probably end up doing this TOO! :) I have dreams of a "Lisaxy Fluke"...just waiting for the design to come to me in a dream :) Thanks for the suggestions!

Good Luck, Lisa, I know I have kicked myself a few times for not buying something when I saw it. By the way I love your vids.

Top Bottom