RARE FIND you will never guess who made it

MGM

Reaction score
This just stumbled into my shop. I have never ever seen anything like it made by this ukulele maker. Its probably the only one he ever made like it Guess who? Built probably 1915-16..

076-1.jpg

077-3.jpg

078-4.jpg

079-2.jpg

wow i bet you guessed cause i said famous maker Yes it is a one and only Kamaka ever seen like this. This is probably one of the rarest kamaka you will ever see...no other made like it I will post pictures of the labels on butt, inside and headstock tomorrow when back in office. had steel strings

Aloha Mike,
Actually by the headstock.....part of it looks like my six string headstock...was looking at the bridge too... MM Stan......Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!!!

Last edited:
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Merry Christmas :D

Wow...just wow. That's going to look real nice all cleaned up.

An intresting tidbid

IN old days (pre-1920's), the tuners had a knob (the thing you grab and turn) closer to the fingerboard than the tuning post (the thingy that a string is wrapped). The picture clearly shows that.

Somehow, someone said "we can move the knob to the other side (away from the fingerboard), and then you get more room for your fretting hand" so almost instantly, the tuner configuration changed. Take a look at your ukuleles.......

It's an easy way to check the date of manufacturer, not definitive but quick.

Cheers
Chief
PS: So this was made by Samual Kamaka, Sr? Before Fred and Sam, Jr? Way too cool.

This was one of the best things about this rarity Finding this label on the headstock edge Never seen this one before

002-7.jpg

It Aint't Mine........yet LOL brought in for insurance appraisal

Appraisals for customers are private info.

Top Bottom