Dropped my Fluke on the floor again

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
3 feet. it hit a stool, wall and then the floor.

It was loud.

but because I've had this happen several times before, I took it in stride. I even laughed as the last of the sound resonated out.

I kept eating then went to retrieve the uke about 30 seconds later.

The C sting had become limp. THe tuner screw had somehow become loose. Everything else seemed fine.

I asked the hostess for a screw driver to fix the tuner.

She asked if I wanted vodka or gin with that.

I looked at her. its 8:30 am. I started to wonder if her suggestion would actually help out; but because I don't drink, I explained no, I don't need a screwdriver.

How about a wrench??

ok, so I got home and tightened the screw . and it works again.

INDESTRUCTABLE and care free.

Last edited:
GOT to have a Fluke around, absolute zombie killer (especially the fascist zombies)!:D

got to have a fluke around, absolute zombie killer (especially the fascist zombies)!:d

This Machine Kills Fascist Zombies

Last edited:
WOw- did you guys really do that? Now I absolutely need one...complete with Woodie Guthrie tribute. Dang it, here goes my bank again.

My Fluke mishap - I was grabbing for it and accidentally punched it - it flew across the polished table, bonked a guy in the head, bounced off a wall and off the hardwood floor. Did'nt even have to retune by much.

My Fluke mishap - I was grabbing for it and accidentally punched it - it flew across the polished table, bonked a guy in the head, bounced off a wall and off the hardwood floor. Did'nt even have to retune by much.

:rofl: I am a sick puppy, the idea of it bonking the guy in the head made me snort with laughter, hope you said something deadpan like "nah, the ukes fine mate"

:rofl: I am a sick puppy, the idea of it bonking the guy in the head made me snort with laughter, hope you said something deadpan like "nah, the ukes fine mate"

I have to admit it was funny. When I went to grab the Fluke, I was looking elsewhere, and my grab turned into a strike with the back of my hand, and the thing just FLEW! The guy was sitting at the table, and he was bent down writing something, so the Fluke bopped him right on the top of the bean. What a sound!

I have to admit it was funny. When I went to grab the Fluke, I was looking elsewhere, and my grab turned into a strike with the back of my hand, and the thing just FLEW! The guy was sitting at the table, and he was bent down writing something, so the Fluke bopped him right on the top of the bean. What a sound!

Good thing he was looking down. It would have hit him in the face! What kind of sound did it make? Was it musical?
–Lori

I absolutely love my Fluke and Flea. The loudest, punchiest ukes around. Being impervious to shenanigans and roughhousing is a plus too..

It actually WAS kind of musical. The bounce from that incident was quite remarkable. I guess something about the resilience of the plastic made it really react. I suppose that has a lot to do with the great resonance when you play with them them the right way.

Top Bottom