New Ko'olau Pics:

Craig

Reaction score
The yellow rose inlay was a surprise to both of us! One of the benefits of establishing a long-term relationship with and individual ukulele maker:
cali5.jpg

cali4.jpg

cali2.jpg

cali3.jpg

Aloha Criag, wow very nice. Congratulations I know you won't be getting any dust on the beauty. Merry Christmas!

Looks like rosewood back and sides, spruce top. Looks like you will be able to adjust the volume with your armpit ;). Very pretty. Never thought of Ko'olau as an individual maker. Have to check into them further.

Thanks for posting the pics

Hi, Craig
It is amazingly precision work. I had Ko‘olau tenor #300 spruce top and walnut body in the past. It was deep, warm, and crisp sound. However, I think your ukulele to be the splendid sound and looks is beyond it. Of course the yellow rose inlay is very beautiful, too.
BTW, is this fret board radius type?
Thanks for sharing.
Shin

Aloha Ukulele Craig,
It looks like a beauty, I like the the looks and craftsmanship and its seems to have a well designed design...deep body for warmth and spruce top for brightness, seems well balanced for tone....How does it sound...Jus love the rose...
and the thick shell purfling..it must sparkle in the light with the pink colors..is that ebony binding...Wow...Are you going to use this one for more picking??? Thanks for sharing!!!!! Happy Holidays!! MM Stan..

Last edited:
I love the appearance of this uke--absolutely stunning. If that isn't a work of art!!!

Wow! I can really appreciate the craftsmanship! That is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, rem

Hi, Craig
BTW, is this fret board radius type?
Thanks for sharing.
Shin

Hi Shin! The fretboard does have a slight radius....16 degrees (I think). All of our Ko'olau's have this modification. I'm going to post a picture of the tattoo that John, somehow found, to use for the rose.

Here's a pic of the tattoo from whence the inlay came: ...]

Good thing they didn't try to capture it exactly! The hairs, freckles, etc. wouldn't have looked as good! :)

What a beautiful instrument! As close as I've come to a Ko'olau is the branded case my KoAloha rides in.

All work is ideal ukulele. Can't wait to arrive!
This Japanese meaning is "Carry Rose".
Thanks more pics!

Actually, it's for my wife, Cali Rose....it's as close as I could get it in katakana.

Top Bottom