FS: Earnest Joel Eckhaus Figured Mahohany Concert Ukulele

Jeffm

Reaction score
2010 Figured mahogany Earnest Palomino concert ukulele made by Joel Eckhaus. This uke is in excellent condition. I have had it for a very short time and it is in the same condition that Joel shipped it to me in. This uke sounds and plays great! Figured mahogany back and sides and top, mahogany neck, tortoise shell binding and pick guards. The pick guards can easily be removed without having an impact on the finish. Ships in a gig bag. Will ship worldwide. $825 with gig bag.

Attachments

• joel6.jpg
    joel6.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 83
  • joel2.jpg
    joel2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 121
  • joel1.jpg
    joel1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 94
  • joel5.jpg
    joel5.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 69
  • joel3.jpg
    joel3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I've been looking at his ukes, and I am a tortoise shell junky. I just wish it was a soprano!

Yeah his ukes are wonderful! It sounds amazing. Tis indeed a concert.

Jeff

I've been pondering the possibility of a custom order next year, and have looked at his and some others. I'm glad to hear they're good!
I had just seen this on eBay right before I saw it here.

Joel builds amazing ukes. I'm saving money and thinking about what I want. His Stradelele is a masterpiece as anyone who has heard John King play one knows - very special sound, great for that particular kind of music. The Palomino is beautiful in an understated way that shows off that amazing mahogany .

Joel builds amazing ukes. I'm saving money and thinking about what I want. His Stradelele is a masterpiece as anyone who has heard John King play one knows - very special sound, great for that particular kind of music. The Palomino is beautiful in an understated way that shows off that amazing mahogany .

I have a curly mahogany concert Strad and it's a great all-around player. Not just picking or classical ala John King, it sounds great strummed. Beautiful, surprisingly mellow sound for such a narrow-bodied uke. I imagine this Palomino has a similarly great tone. I am soooo tempted. Joel is one of my favorite luthiers.

My good friend who owns a mahogany Strad of Joel's let me borrow it for a short period. I had both to play for a few days.. The Strad sounded great! This palomino had a larger voice and warmer due to the larger body. Both were great ukes. This one has always reminded me of the sound of an old Martin. Joel has it DOWN for sure.

Beautiful grain pattern. I wonder how's the sound compared to collings or Kiwaya or martin vintage concert...

I have only played Martin sopranos and I can say this is comparable in warmth of tone..good volume too.

You know that scene in Aliens, where they're trying to keep from getting sucked out the airlock into space? Yeah - like that.

You know that scene in Aliens, where they're trying to keep from getting sucked out the airlock into space? Yeah - like that.

Hah! I can't even play a soprano and I want it a little bit. It's SO lovely.

Top Bottom