From "Mrs. Pippin": Thank You!!

Pippin

Reaction score
I wanted to thank all of you for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers for Mickey while he was in the hospital. He and I both were overwhelmed by your compassion. In fact, it gave us great strength when we needed it most.

I was bringing my laptop to the hospital since I have a job where I can work virtually as long as I get a WiFi connection. After my original post, I would read to Mickey the responses as they came in. After mentioning the poster's name, he would say, "He's a good guy, he lives in ______ and has a _____ (special instrument or just started playing)" or "She's a sweetheart, she just got married or _______." After each person, he would recite these little pieces of information about them. It was so sweet.

I received a few private messages from those whom Mickey had helped by answering questions and such. Also, there were emails from some who have gone through their own health issues and wanted to encourage Mickey and myself that things do get better. Those who have gone through the same thing have especially given me hope.

Sometimes it's easy to think that an online community can only do "so much." But I have to tell you that I've been blown away by the concern that everyone had. It touched Mickey greatly, as well as I. And now I know what you can say to someone who is going through a difficult time and the response is, "What can I do?" Offer kind words, thoughts, and prayers. Sometimes it doesn't seem like that's much, but believe me, when you're sitting in a hospital room, wondering what life-changing news you may receive, it is everything. It really is possible to draw great strength from knowing that people care so much. And of course, prayers really can make a big difference. :)

Finally, I'd like to thank Lori from Uke Leash for sending Mickey the 2011 Uke Calendar. Mickey was really surprised! The calendar is beautiful, with large photos and printed on high-quality paper stock. We look forward to hanging it in our home!

Thanks again, everyone. You all are simply amazing!

~ Mary Rose (Mrs. Pippin)

Aloha Mrs Pippin and Mickey,
I have too have alot of health issues and sometime the greatest support comes from people outside your family and friends....sometimes even people you haven't met but just talked to on line or on the phone...
Their kind words and their open ears seem so smoothen the rough and stressfull times due to health issues you're experiencing and make things seem alot better..It reinforces your belief of the many kind
people in this world...I am glad to hear Mickey is doing fine and his biopsy was negative..and both of can put this behind yourselves and relax...Take Care and God Bless!!! Happy Holidays!! MM Stan...

Thank you for taking the time to write us! I have also found this to be a wonderful community. I have 'seen' first hand what gracious people are involved in these forums...
Glad that Mickey is healing... and that you both had some extra support to keep going, I think it means a lot.

I wish you both Happy Holidays and may 2011 be one filled with good health and happiness for you both...

Yes, this place is wonderful. This is my first forum experience. It's a good one.

Glad to hear how things are going.

Top Bottom