Pono MT Mahogany On order- Any Comments?

ukejoelele

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to say Hi! :) This is my first post -being a noobie on this site.

I've been playing on a makala dolphin since buying it a few weeks ago, geez its addictive! is there such a thing as ukulele elbow?! im sure i have it.

Anyway, I have recently put an order on a Pono MT solid mahogany from MgM :D has anyone got one of these, or have any comments on this uke, perhaps string recommendations?

This is my first 'proper' uke (although I would say thats harsh on my dolphin).. is there anything I would need to do to care for it? i.e. against humidity (i'm based in the UK).

Mahalo,

Ukejoelele

I recently bought a Pono baritone solid mahogany ukulele from MGM, and I am loving it. It's solidly built, sounds great and is a joy to play. I had MGM install Aquilas, because I'm accustomed to them, but I'm planning to try other strings when it's time to replace them.

You should consider buying a hygrometer for the uke case and some sort of humidifier. Regardless of the humidity outside, heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer are bound to lower the humidity in your living space. Solid wood ukuleles do not respond well to drastic changes in humidity or to dry air. I use these, from Oasis:

attachment.php
attachment.php

and I bought them here: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Oasis-OH6-Case-Humidifier-With-OH2-Digital-Hygrometer?sku=421669

Don't forget to post pictures of your new ukulele when it arrives.

I have the same uke in the slot head model. I have Worth clear low g strings on them. The stock strings were horrible IMHO. I changed them after one day.

Thanks I will be looking into purchasing that hygrometer, its cheaper than I thought such things would be.

Yea the stock strings did cause a little concern, ive never tried worths before though, may give them a try on this.

Can't wait till it comes!

thanks for posting, keep posted for pics :D

Joe

Top Bottom