There are Angels amongst us!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi everyone :D

I know, I know, I keep disappearing. See, as the video below will explain I've been trying to get something finished for my mum for Christmas so all my time has been on that...I've been so distracted by it that I've not really picked up any Ukulele in days!!

Anyway, onto the reason for this post. There are Angels amongst us here at UU. I received a parcel today, inside was a beautiful Koa Soprono Ukulele for me from a few of my dear friends at UU. It's an early Christmas present, mm stan organised it and sent it from Hawaii, but in the card I'm told that along with himself, eugene_ukulele, fitncrafty and Chris Tarman all contributed to the cost of this beautiful ukulele...something I could never afford for myself.

In the card, I was asked to do a video to say thank you to them all and show off the unnamed (as of yet) Ukulele...I'm thinking of calling her the Hawaiian word for friendship or friends, so help would be appreciated there!

Anyway, here's the video!

Joey

Not a big suprize at all Bug. Those guys are the cream of the crop. All of those guys are the epitome of what everyone should strive to be. Hearts of gold they are and they have an awesome place in heaven being prepared for them.

Thanks for sharing Jingle Bells for them with the rest of us..

God Bless..

Not a big suprize at all Bug. Those guys are the cream of the crop. All of those guys are the epitome of what everyone should strive to be. Hearts of gold they are and they have an awesome place in heaven being prepared for them.

Thanks for sharing Jingle Bells for them with the rest of us..

God Bless..

:agree: totally!

Beautiful little uke, and your playing is getting much better. What shall you name her?
Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks to all the UU members and Merry Christmas!

Beautiful little uke, and your playing is getting much better. What shall you name her?
Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks to all the UU members and Merry Christmas!

I'm thinking of calling her Ami, since it's French for friend (I think)

wow! this is wonderful! I try to figure out what to say but... Im speechless. So gongrats on your new ukulele Joeybug and to people who made it happen I simply say: I am glad that you are who you are!

Now you have me crying (happy tears) nothing better than to bring joy to someone else!! What a beautiful sounding Ukulele! Great job on the song.. Miss you around here.. Great to see you singing!! Hugs.....

Now you have me crying (happy tears) nothing better than to bring joy to someone else!! What a beautiful sounding Ukulele! Great job on the song.. Miss you around here.. Great to see you singing!! Hugs.....

It's gorgeous and I'm just so grateful to you and everyone else who contributed! I thought Stan was sending some DVD's when he asked for my address, this I did not expect! THANK YOU :hug:

Wow...what can I say, I too am lost for words! UU has the best people anywhere and go to any length to spread the Aloha Spirit!! mm stan, fitncrafty, eugene_ukulele & Chris Tarman, you guys are angels!! Bless you all!

To Joeybug, missed not seeing you here as much and I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

Mele Kalikimaka to all!!!

This is one of the loveliest things I have ever read! I would say it's perfect Christmas spirit but I think its more than that! Dunloy stunning

you guys are wonderful. what a selfless act. I know this is a holiday Joey will never forget. Joey: thanks for the tune. You did a great job. keep it up! rem

I'm so happy for you. That is a beautiful instument. There are some very special people on this site.
Merry Chrismas! Thanks for the song too:)
DAP

Aloha Joey,
I'm glad to hear your present from us arrived safely(the post office said 2 weeks)and today is exactly it....Thank-you for making the video for us, and you played it soo
beautifully....it sounds soo nice too, you made me cry girl...I am soo happy you like it soo much...I know it will bring you many many years of happiness and every time
you play it, I'd hope you think of us...By the way...the hawaiian word for friend is...(hoaaloha)...used in a sentence, (He Hoaaloha Mai'kai 'oe na'u)...You are a good friend
to me...Have Fun and enjoy!!! Merry Christmas to you and your famiily!!! Your friend, MM Stan..

Hi Joey,

I'm glad to hear you are well, and thanks for the lovely holiday serenade! That is one beautiful ukulele! Big mahalos to Stan, Eugene, fitncrafty and Chris for their wonderful generosity and for being great UU ambassadors.

I'm thinking of calling her the Hawaiian word for friendship or friends, so help would be appreciated there!

I did a bit of Interent research on Hawaiian words, and it appears that the word "hoaloha" means "beloved one" and the word "hoapili" means "close friend." If you decide to give your new ukulele a French name, "ami" is the French word for "friend" but it's a masculine word. Since your ukulele is a "she," you would use the feminine version, which is "amie."

I hope you post more videos of your collaborations with your beautiful new ukulele. Happy Christmas to you and all of your hoalohas!

Thank you for a wonderful way to start the day. Kudos to you, Stan, Eugene, fitncrafty and Chris. You make our ukulele community proud and represent the true Spirit of Christmas and the Spirit of Aloha. Good for you!
Mele Kalikimaka.

What a great community! Great playing and BEAUTIFUL uke, Joey!!

Thank you for a wonderful way to start the day. Kudos to you, Stan, Eugene, fitncrafty and Chris. You make our ukulele community proud and represent the true Spirit of Christmas and the Spirit of Aloha. Good for you!
Mele Kalikimaka.

Amen.....beautiful, just simply beautiful!!!!

Top Bottom