Koaloha Crown Bridge

Can anyone tell me why Koaloha stopped making the crown bridge?

The crown bridge didn't offer as much support as the newer style bridges. There were some cases where the crown bridge came seperated. (Mine hasn't BTW). So even though many of us do not like the newer style bridges as much as the crown bridges, the newer bridges are technically superior.

The crown bridge didn't offer as much support as the newer style bridges. There were some cases where the crown bridge came seperated. (Mine hasn't BTW). So even though many of us do not like the newer style bridges as much as the crown bridges, the newer bridges are technically superior.

Thank you Haolejohn. I hope your crown bridge stays intact for a long, long time.

Here's the post from Paul regarding the crown bridge . . .

Simple truth is, I like the look of the crown, but I hate making them. It's a two part procedure, creating the actual bridge, then the crown portion. Now that we have a laser, it's a little easier, but still more work than a single piece. The old crown bridges were single piece, including the crown, which was even worse.

I designed the bowtie for simplicity in looks and shaping. Unfortunately, it's not much easier to make than the crown, but it is easier to mask off before spraying.

I don't like anything about them except the way they play and the way they sound. I've got five of them that are keepers but they're not as stylish as my koa Pono tenor or my pineapple Kamaka.

Jude

Top Bottom