New Uke day!!!

bobby b

Reaction score
Well, most days I dream of Hawaii then pickup the uke for a while and I always keep an eye out on the local craiglist for the chance of maybe , just maybe, on e day I would find a gem.........well it happened!!

I have been teaching my better half to play some songs and she is loving the uke.
So we had planned to find her a Ukulele.
I really wanted her to have something special and we had talked about going to Hawaii in the spring to find a nice uke.

Last night, as I do most nights, I searched for 'ukulele' in the Vancouver craigslist.
Up pops "Vintage Kamaka Pineapple". I gasped!!! ......then I gasped again....then I phoned and left a message.....then an email.....then ..........nothing.....AWWGGGGHHHH.......How am I gonna sleep???!!!!!

This morning I was pleasantly surprised to see an email response. We got in touch today and I brought the wife out to see the uke this afternoon......needless to say we were really happy with the outcome.

Well xmas came a little early today :D , she loves her uke, and is playing as I write.
I gotta say, man.....it's gorgeous and plays like a dream!!!

Attachments

• DSC_8706.jpg
    DSC_8706.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_8702.jpg
    DSC_8702.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_8705.jpg
    DSC_8705.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_8710.jpg
    DSC_8710.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_8701.jpg
    DSC_8701.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
what a find! I bet you two are very happy :)

Great story and perfect timing. Enjoy the new uke!

That's gorgeous! Looks really pristine.

So, how vintage (old) is it, and if you don't mind me asking, what'd you pay for it?

Yes, it is in very good shape. Has been in a case most of its life. Apparently made between 1975-1982. White label.
Came with a case.
I paid $400 (CND).

Yes, it is in very good shape. Has been in a case most of its life. Apparently made between 1975-1982. White label.
Came with a case.
I paid $400 (CND).

wait.. for your WIFE.. man... :)

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations to your wife! Nice score!

Aloha Robbie,
Congrats on the score....I was even tempted....you make me soo jealous!!!!Have Fun and Enjoy!!!Happy Strummings! and Happy Holidays to you and your family!!! MM Stan..

Wow.. congrats to your wife.. Lucky lady!! Is she going to let you play it too? It's gorgeous and in pristine shape.

I'm lucky to have her.
Yes she let me play it.....she's having a nap after I lulled her to sleep 'Kamaka' style.....lol

Aloha mmStan, Happy holidays indeed! Whew I'm really glad it didn't get 'scooped'.

To everyone, all the best this season!

Robbie

Wow, nice find and a beautiful uke. Congrats!!

congratulations nice find . looks very nice. happy strumming & Mery Christmas!

That's very sweet...you too:)
DAP

This morning Wen ( my wife ) got up and started strumming, "it sounds sweet" says I, now remember she still just a beginner, she stopped, looked up and said "it's almost playing by itself"...."I love it" !!!

I'd say she's hooked.
Ahhh ya gotta love the power of the Uke!!

Beautiful ukulele! Glad it found a good home.
–Lori

Top Bottom