Normal Price for a Jake Concert???

mendel

Reaction score
http://www.songkick.com/concerts/7325176-jake-shimabukuro-at-kravis-center

I was looking to see if the Maestro ever got down to the South Florida area and I found this site that I have never heard of before. I have seen concerts with legendary artists like Sting, Tom Petty, Billy Joel, et cetera, and I have never paid this much. Ive always gotten really good seats too!!! I am curious if this is the norm for the cost of tickets for a Jake Shimabukuro show. I'd love to see him, but tickets for my wife and I could cost the same as a Brahms new "K" brand Uke!!!! Is this normal???

Mendel

No thats crazy. The tickets for his show in Chicago were $28.00.

IF Jake knew of this he would probably blow a gasket. Outrageous.

Aube there's a 6 degrees of separation thing here. I'd figure someone here has a way to contact him. That is absurd.

I saw Jake in Glendora California last year for about $26 per ticket. The concert was at Citrus College, and it was a nice concert hall. It is a little far away from the big cultural center of Los Angeles though. The concert for next March in Orange County has tickets ranging in price from around $15 - $100, depending on the seat location.

–Lori

Paid $18 when he came to VT this past June.

Maybe the tickets come with a bag of popcorn.

For that price - it better be a popcorn stand complete with vendor's license! LOL

Seriously, I've seen scalpers actually get those kind of prices (and higher) but only for really big mainstream names in major venues that are sold out well in advance. As much as we love Jake, your average man on the street has probably never heard of him.

Me, I love a good show, but $75 is about my max, and that better be for really good seats. The last couple of concerts I went to were the Chieftans at Bass Hall in Ft. Worth a few years ago and I only paid about $30 but that was because I couldn't do better than a nosebleed seat without going to a scalper - which I simply refuse to do. More recently I saw Jonny Lang in Grand Prairie - I think I paid $45 for those and we were about four or five rows back from the stage.

John

Top Bottom