I have much 1st proper gig tonight! Arghhh

raecarter

Reaction score
I'm very nervous and when I'm practising im finding myself a little short of breath compared to normal when singing? Any advices guys?

Slow down and breathe, It is naturally to go at a faster pace when playing live. Concentrate on the fun part.

Slow down and breathe, It is naturally to go at a faster pace when playing live. Concentrate on the fun part.

Thanks I'll be concious of that then android slow down because some of the songs are a mouthful at a slower pace let alone fast! Thanks

Remember that nervousness is natural and makes your performace have some intensity and punch, so don't freak out about it. Try and enjoy the feeling of the adrenelin and look at it as your friend. Get to the gig a little early and talk to some of the audience if you can. Stay away from alot of caffine (dehydrates your vocal chords anyway) Breath Slow and Deep. I never play a difficulut song first, Play something easy that folks like so you can get into the rythym.

Every once in while I start like a runaway freight train and it takes me a few songs to throttle back. Enjoy!!!!

I have only played for my kids and girlfriend, and when I played for her for he first time I was, as we say in the Boston area "wicked nervous". I think that Ukuleleblues tips are good ones, especially about starting with an easy song.

Good luck rae and let us know how it goes. Then perhaps you can share some of your own tips on how you did it.

Remember that nervousness is natural and makes your performace have some intensity and punch, so don't freak out about it. Try and enjoy the feeling of the adrenelin and look at it as your friend. Get to the gig a little early and talk to some of the audience if you can. Stay away from alot of caffine (dehydrates your vocal chords anyway) Breath Slow and Deep. I never play a difficulut song first, Play something easy that folks like so you can get into the rythym.

Every once in while I start like a runaway freight train and it takes me a few songs to throttle back. Enjoy!!!!

Thats excel thank your im changing the set list now because of this advice

Rae... I have barely played in front of my family.. but I can say about 2 yrs ago I had to start talking in front of large groups of people... The first time was mortifying, until I out the first 10 words and then I was able to realize that I wasn't going to be eaten alive. Now I do it like it is nothing.
You have so much talent, and I am sure that once you get up there you will relax... it's a natural response to be nervous.

What I really want to say is best of luck to you... and PLEASE share with us about your experience when you are done!!

Thanks fitncrafty I will in the morning I promise. My misi shouldn't feedback in a pa system should it?

A tip with public speaking is make sure you know and can nail the first 2 minutes perfectly and confidently. Dont worry bout the rest. That way - when you then nail that first 2 mins the brain says "hey, this is going as I wanted it too!" and you relax.

I employ it when gigging music too - make sure you can absolutely nail your opening number - make that one your best. Then when it goes well, you will relax into the set.

Good luck dude

Yep im starting with pounding by the doves now as it's a easy chugger

Last edited:
Sorry I'm too late to wish you luck:( How did it go? :p
DAP

Top Bottom