Girl From Ipanema again - another practice

brucemoffatt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm forcing myself to record videos of my uke practice every few weeks just so I can see if I'm improving over time. These are just a noob practicing so pass on over if you're looking for high quality stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw0lvtp1lbQ&feature=player_profilepage

I talked my daughter Jill into doing some percussion this time. I need to sparkle up my audio mixing skills a bit. I do some singing this time too, which may not seem like much but for me it's a huge step because I've never been able to coordinate even the simplest singing with self accompaniment before I got the uke.

Well, I had a lot of fun, even though I look deadly serious in the vid.

Bruce in Adelaide

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

Excellent job. Nice editing too.What are you using for editing/sound capturing?

Very nice. Your daughter plays very well is she the drummer in the family? Your singing and playing is also very good. Nice 'sparkle'.:)
DAP

What are you using for editing/sound capturing?

Hi, I recorded to the video camera on the inbuilt mics of the camera, a Canon FS100, and split the sound from the video using PiTiVi. I think I saved the sound files as ogg format files from memory, not quite as lossy as mp3s. I used Audacity to make one mixed sound file. I spent some time trying to figure out how to get them to synchronuse. The three instrument tracks are straight through clean, just the volumes were played with. The vocal track has some bass boost, noise reduction and reverb added. The resulting sound file was imported into OpenShot video editor with the four sound-free video files. There is an issue with OpenShot not being able to find the correct in/out cut points in a video that is 'cut' into several clips. But hey, it's free software, and I'm not exactly Liberace, so I let it slide.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for the nice comments.

Bruce in Adelaide

Top Bottom