OK, Here she is!

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
A lot of you saw my thread from two days ago about my "weather delay" in opening my new ukulele. Well here she is!

She is a Collings Sunburst UT-3, Quilted maple sides and back, tiger maple neck and spruce top. She made her debutant appearance at the 2010 summer NAMM show in Nashville. I bought her from Mackenzie River music in Eugene, OR. Bob and his wife Susan were a dream to deal with, could not have been nicer. We could have talked about ukes and Collings in particular for hours.

As many of you know I name all of my ukuleles, and this one is no exception. I have named her Spitfire for her bold, look at me appearance. She definitely has an attitude, but she is an absolute DREAM to play.

IMO, no other limited production company can match the build quality of Collings. The fit and finish are truly second to none. And oooooooh the sound.

Sometime in the next few days I plan on posting a thread comparing her with what I consider the benchmark, my Moore Bettah tenor. OMG, how do I choose which one to play? Eeny meeny miny moe? Rock paper scissors?

In a related note, keep an eye on the marketplace, I could be selling some highly sought after ukuleles. Don't know how I can play anything else after these two.:)

Attachments

• Collings and Moore Bettah 005.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 005.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Collings and Moore Bettah 003.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 003.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Collings and Moore Bettah 002.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 002.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Collings and Moore Bettah 004.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 004.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Collings and Moore Bettah 001.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 001.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 142
More photos

Attachments

• Collings and Moore Bettah 007.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 007.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Collings and Moore Bettah 009.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 009.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Collings and Moore Bettah 008.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 008.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Collings and Moore Bettah 010.jpg
    Collings and Moore Bettah 010.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 46
VERY elegant and classy looking. I'm digging the headstock and tuners. Congrats and enjoy!

Beautiful! Congratulations on the new ukulele. I love those Collings haircut headstocks.

–Lori

Wow, wow and wow. I love artwork you can play:) congratulations!
DAP

Wow dk,that is amazing. So beautiful. Can't wait for your comparison between that one and the Moore Bettah. That is sure one of the nicest sunburst finishes I've seen in a while. Merry Christmas!!!

Awesome looking instrument! Congrats and keep us posted on any pending sales..

Thats a great looking ukulele. Brilliantly built and the sunburst effect is amazing. Enjoy your new instrument.

Aloha DKcrown,
So Jealous man!!!! Looks awesome...thank-you ...wow a UT3...hmmm must have cost alot...you got any sound clips??? Have fun and enjoy!!! Nice Christmas present to
yourself....Happy Holidays and Happy Strummings! MM Stan....

Aloha DKcrown,
So Jealous man!!!! Looks awesome...thank-you ...wow a UT3...hmmm must have cost alot...you got any sound clips??? Have fun and enjoy!!! Nice Christmas present to
yourself....Happy Holidays and Happy Strummings! MM Stan....

Aloha mm stan. Hmmmm, how much did it cost? Well so far a Pono concert mango pineapple, a custom painted concert flea, a concert surf flea, and a KoAloha concert Sceptre. Oh and some cash. But boy was it worth it!

I am going to see if I can do some comparison sound clips with my Moore Bettah in the next couple of days. I don't have any recording equipment, so it will have to be done through my laptop.

THAT is worth the wait! Congratulations, it is totally juicy and scrumptious. :D

Ditto on all that has been said. It really is beautiful.

So what's for sale?

Roxhum

Ditto on all that has been said. It really is beautiful.

So what's for sale?

Roxhum

Dunno yet. Have to think about it. Maybe KoAloha, maybe Kanilea, Maybe both. Boy it's gonna be tough.

That is nice but not quite as nice as my new KoAloha concert sceptre! :)

(I bought his old one)

A lot of you saw my thread from two days ago about my "weather delay" in opening my new ukulele. Well here she is!

She is a Collings Sunburst UT-3, Quilted maple sides and back, tiger maple neck and spruce top. She made her debutant appearance at the 2010 summer NAMM show in Nashville. I bought her from Mackenzie River music in Eugene, OR. Bob and his wife Susan were a dream to deal with, could not have been nicer. We could have talked about ukes and Collings in particular for hours.

As many of you know I name all of my ukuleles, and this one is no exception. I have named her Spitfire for her bold, look at me appearance. She definitely has an attitude, but she is an absolute DREAM to play.

IMO, no other limited production company can match the build quality of Collings. The fit and finish are truly second to none. And oooooooh the sound.

Sometime in the next few days I plan on posting a thread comparing her with what I consider the benchmark, my Moore Bettah tenor. OMG, how do I choose which one to play? Eeny meeny miny moe? Rock paper scissors?

In a related note, keep an eye on the marketplace, I could be selling some highly sought after ukuleles. Don't know how I can play anything else after these two.:)

I'm really looking forward to your comparison with the Moore Bettah. I own a Moore Bettah tenor, and I briefly owned a Collings UC-2. While the Collings was a beautiful, I never warmed up to it. Maybe it was the concert scale... maybe it was the mahogany sound... or maybe it was just Collings... but we just never got along ;-) The tone was shrill when picked, and muddy when strummed. I tried several strings... still didn't like it. Sold it after a month or so; haven't missed it at all.
I would love to hear some sound clips of your Collings! Congrats - it is a unique and beautiful instrument!
Mika

Very beautiful ukulele. If I played tenor, I'd be jealous. Hell, I am jealous ... really jealous. Enjoy your instrument!

Wow, stunning! I got to hold and play a red Collings much like yours and I was just blown away.....ENJOY!

Top Bottom