very big day

Ron

Reaction score
The Ukes of hazard had a wedding to play yesterday. It was one of those things in which they wanted us to play while guests arrived then stop for the ceremony and then play for a couple of hours afterwards. Of course, it was even more fractured than that as we stopped for speeches, cake cutting, food (an excellent Mexican barbeque). So by the time we'd set up, played and then played a bit more because we liked them and then packed up - we'd been there 7 hours! THEN is was our local publican's birthday and we ended up jamming at the pub for several hours after that. Big day

Last edited:
Aloha and Kia Ora Ron,
Glad to hear yhou had fun at both events, and thank you for sharing....Have a Happy Holidays!! Cheers, MM Stan...

Sounds like a cool and fun day.. Love it..

Merry Christmas, and God Bless..

g'day Ron...so tell us a bit more...love weddings!!!he he

I imagine in 7 hours you must have played a number of songs...plus the jamming afterwards...which songs went down the best? How many times did you play "Aint She Sweet'? What was the song the couple requested for the first dance? Did you end up having to play lots of stuff on repeat or is your repotoire huge enough to cope with so much playing? Did they ask for Christmas songs too? Sounds like a great day...could you post some pics if any of the happy couple...reminds me of that great old George Formby song about the window cleaner: "The blushing bride she looks divine / the bridegroom he is doing fine / I'd rather have his job than mine..."

Happy christmas and New year Ron to you and your partner in all things hazardous!

g'day Ron...so tell us a bit more...love weddings!!!he he

I imagine in 7 hours you must have played a number of songs...plus the jamming afterwards...which songs went down the best? How many times did you play "Aint She Sweet'? What was the song the couple requested for the first dance? Did you end up having to play lots of stuff on repeat or is your repotoire huge enough to cope with so much playing? Did they ask for Christmas songs too? Sounds like a great day...could you post some pics if any of the happy couple...reminds me of that great old George Formby song about the window cleaner: "The blushing bride she looks divine / the bridegroom he is doing fine / I'd rather have his job than mine..."

Happy christmas and New year Ron to you and your partner in all things hazardous!

So many questions! Obviously a fan of thr nuptials ;-)
People always like stuff they know, don't they? So Under the Boardwalk and Cover of the Rolling Stone are always favourites. Keep on Truckin', Mama is always popular too. We don't play Ain't she Sweet ;-) Not much dancing at thios wedding so no first dance. We played My Girl for the signing and saved I'll be Your Baby for our last song to toast the newly weds. (They didn't choose those songs but we're getting good at weddings. We did consider Working on the Chain Gang but decided against it). We've got around 35 songs in our heads now *(and yes, that IS crowded) and another 10 or so we can fake with the words and chords. We'd used them all at the end of the day. We tend to dilute the first set, when no one is really listening, with those songs that are still abit rough around the edges.
I have yet to have the happy couple from any of our weddings send photos! They always get taken - I'll follow that up.
The best thing about playing weddings (apart from the honour, of course!) is that they are always full of pretty girls in nice dresses. Girls who want to talk to us because we're playing this funny little instrument.
Merry Xmas to you too!

The best thing about playing weddings (apart from the honour, of course!) is that they are always full of pretty girls in nice dresses. Girls who want to talk to us because we're playing this funny little instrument.

Nice work if you can get it.:D

Cheers!

Top Bottom