picture of new koaloha bridge

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
as promised, a picture of the new bridge.
IMG_6807-6.jpg

taken with my iphone, kinda blurry

a bridge with 2 saddles, the strings sit through the saddle towards the bottom of the uke.

but... pops already changed it, so theres only a few of these that will be floating around.

new pics to come...

as promised, a picture of the new bridge.

but... pops already changed it, so theres only a few of these that will be floating around.

Curious as to why the bridge was changed?
And what are the "new" new bridges going to be like?

Looking forward to more pics, thanks!

Aloha Kaneohe till the end....
Well I'm glad to hear it was changed...it looked much wider too..wonder if affected the sound board...looking forward to to the updated version....Happy Holiodays...MM Stan..

Very nice, keep on strummin

I like the looks of that bridge. Pretty kool.

Someone got a laser etching machine for x-mas!! :)
I am a sucker for that kind of stuff. I like the bridge and all. I think it is great that a leading uke company is willing to play and inovate.

I like the new design, can't wait to see the next revision.

Is this the new bridge design? I just bought this long neck soprano last week at the Koaloha factory. It is date stamped Oct. 2010.

koaloha-bridge.jpg

I like this one also, but I think the other one is a little bit nicer. Now I'm going to need to get new ukes with one of each style lol.

I say this with the utmost respect for Papa and the makers of KoAloha--but I really, really dislike these new bridge designs. The classic knotted bridge that used to be on their standard soprano instruments was beautiful, simple, and did not draw attention to itself.

I literally stopped in mid-sale today from buying my first KoAloha because of this bridge. Again, respectfully, I think it looks cheap.

I'm really hoping they go back to the classic, knotted design for the standard sopranos. Otherwise, I may have to wait until a used one comes up.

attachment.php

This previous KoAloha bridge, to my eyes, is simple and elegant. It does not detract from the beauty of the instrument. It is classic; in fact, both my Martin and Gibson have this bridge, or something close to it. Boo hoo....:(

http://www.koaloha.com/2010/11/16/new-bridge-design/

this seems to be more like what koaloha posted on their site. i wonder where that other one came from? even mgm posted a pic of it on this thread (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?39529-Koaloha-soprano-concert-bridges-change).

interesting. i got an email back from them when i asked a while back about the crown bridge. here's what they said:

"Aloha Robby,

Thank you for taking an interest in KoAloha Ukulele. We switched to the bow tie bridge for a few reasons. The crown bridge was very difficult to make and had a very high chance of breaking during the process. The points of the crown is where a lot of chipping occurred. I would say out of five, two would break.

The crown style was also prone to lifting off the sound board because it was made of two pieces. This rarely happens with the bow tie style, because it covers more surface area on the sound board.

A crown bridge is something we would normally accept for a special order. However, due to a four year back order, our shop manager is temporarily not accepting any special or custom orders. He hopes to catch up by some time in 2012. Sorry for the bad news.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me for any questions.

Mahalo,..."

Is this the new bridge design? I just bought this long neck soprano last week at the Koaloha factory. It is date stamped Oct. 2010.

koaloha-bridge.jpg

I'll have to jump on the 'I prefer this one' band wagon. I like the double saddle, but this one just seems a little nicer to me. Although, I think if the saddles were ebony I would really love the double saddle look.

Not too keen of the 'new' double saddle design either, wonder if adds any change to sound or if only cosmetic? I agree that simple is eloquent, the double saddle looks a bit busy IMHO...

Interesting to see the 1st logo design too from Oct10 though. I picked up a Nov10 concert with the 2nd logo design, I posted some pictures in the below thread:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?39211-New-Koaloha-Logo-Bridge-pictures

155255_477831387627_618607627_5690020_4673685_n.jpg

154940_479569522627_618607627_5713612_2240481_n.jpg

155542_479569562627_618607627_5713614_555372_n.jpg

I wouldn't say that the logo design cheapens the uke, I think it looks subtle and compliments the K logo on the headstock nicely (although I feel that the engraven logo is nicer than the lazer logo IMHO.)

Interesting that Koaloha have revised the bridge 4 times in a couple of months through, certainly creating a bit of a buzz but where will it stop?

I think they are on the wrong path period. All these new designs look cheap to me. I am all for doing away with the knotted bridge as I have experienced the "pull through" problem, but all this engraving is uncalled for. I may now own the only KoAloha I will ever buy.

Also with the double saddle design, my first thought was that the string pull on the tie through saddle is going to break out the back of the bridge.

I kind of like the new designs. It gives it a different look and the more they change aspects the cooler it will be to be able to look at them and try to tell when they were made. Or even to just enjoy the slight difference between instruments. If I had the spare cash for a KoAloha i'd definitely be buying without hesitation regardless of the bridge. ha.

Top Bottom