Uke Minutes 19 - Pull Offs and Hammer-Pull Combos

Hey Peeps,

Pull-Offs and Hammer-Pull Combinations! 2 times the FUN in one Uke Minutes episode!! Haha, post your questions, comments, thoughts, ideas, complaints, random words - whatever!

thanks staff,

i thought it was very useful for those who are having trouble with it.
Im still working and trying to perfect the Tremolo technquie. =[

Aldrine, did you get my email dude? i emailed askadrine[at]gmail.com
Need some advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im still working and trying to perfect the Tremolo technquie. =[

gah, me too.. tis hard.

Thanks for this video guys! I have issues with pull offs and I think this helped. :)

For the tremolo, what worked for me is mostly growing out my nail, I'm not sure how long your nails are... but that's what worked for me.

And great Uke Minute this week, I was having issues with pull offs.

my index nails ALWAYS breaks.. i hate it so much, with long nails i can't play tennis as well cause they dig into my palm lmfao.. my nails are heaps long -.- but for some reason i play the ukulele better

Yeah i use to grow my index nail..
But stopped cos i really didnt need it.
I only grow my thumb now.

I'm actually training myself to "ascend ?" the neck with Hammer Pull-off technique,
for example 12-10-7-5-3-2-0-2-3-5-7-10-12 ....
But it's pretty hard to ake it quick, trying it for weeks now, keeping hope ... one day I could do it right !!!

A pretty common extension (I can't think of a better word) to the hammer-pull is the hammer-pull-tap...basically, you perform a hammer-pull and immediately tap the open G string. It's mostly used when you've got a series of hammer-pulls strung together (like what UkuCous is working on). Troy Fernandez used that technique heavily

another interesting twist to the hammer-pull is to do a series of hammer-pulls with tremolos (I figured I'd bring it up since alot of you guys are talking about tremolos too), a real good example is in the chorus of Gypsy Ukulele (which Dominator tabbed out)...

its here there everywhere lmao... before i go and ask dom for the tabs, is it hard to play? :D

LOL
I dont think Dom has tabs for it yet.
Im only learning bits and pieces by ear.
i keep on rewinding the cd and pausing it back and forth.
LOL
its a drainer! but worth it.

Jakes 2nd album.
I bought it when he was in Melbourne.
its titled "In My Life"
Pretty sweet album.

Have you ordered Aldrines yet??
im still waiting for mine

nope haven't ordered it yet, i don't really have the money... i guess i could but a huge payment is coming out of my bank on the 13th and then the 23rd.. so whatever i have left of that ill see if i can buy his album

Top Bottom