PDA

View Full Version : Should receive my Mainland Honeybee tomorrow :D

byjimini
12-19-2010, 11:31 AM
I was looking to get a pickup installed in my Mainland after Christmas, as a run of gigs has taught me that it's awfully restrictive to have to play to a mic when you're used to wandering about the stage during acoustic performances.

So a weird combination of the subject being brought up, me just being paid and someone in Swansea listing theirs on eBay all collaborated on Thursday evening - it was a full moon, after all.

Then come Friday morning, 10 inches of snow dropped out of the sky over south Wales, and what would normally be next-day delivery was suddenly delayed until Monday, which is a bugger since I had 2 gigs booked for the weekend.

But still, I'll be peering out of the window every 5 seconds tomorrow looking out for Parcel Force and my new uke. :) Can't wait to plug it in and roam around a bit.

Hippie Dribble
12-19-2010, 11:48 AM
awesome!!! great choice of uke. the honeybees have such a full, sweet and punchy sound. happy roamin' byjimini!!! :)

mm stan
12-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Aloha Byjimini,
Congrats onthe mainland Honeybee....I hope you got a good price on it...they're getting rare eh...Have fun and enjoy!! Happy strummings and Happy Holidays..MM Stan...

byjimini
12-19-2010, 12:37 PM
I saw Mike had one for sale in the US, and it did finish about half the price that I bought mine for; however, experience tells me that shipping and customs would easily eat that up, and then there's the time waiting for it to arrive, especially over Christmas.

mds725
12-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Can't wait to see the pics (hint, hint).

roxhum
12-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Are you the one that got the Honeybee that was on uu marketplace a while back? Congrats. I wanted it but you were too quick for me. You must have bitten all of your nails beck waiting.

Roxhum

byjimini
12-21-2010, 07:57 AM
It's here! :D

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/byjimini/e4a87c51.png

It looks and feels dainty and fragile, yet has this full and powerful, yet assured sound when playing... and then you plug it in... :D :D

byjimini
12-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Are you the one that got the Honeybee that was on uu marketplace a while back? Congrats. I wanted it but you were too quick for me. You must have bitten all of your nails beck waiting.

Roxhum

Not me I'm afraid, I ordered mine from eBay last Thursday.

pondweed
12-21-2010, 08:50 AM
I saw that about 20 mins after it was listed and looked back shortly afterwards (after looking up 'honeybee') to see it gone..! Well done.

DAPuke
12-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Can't wait to see the pics (hint, hint). sounds nice.

Yeah, hint, hint :)