Uke Withdrawl

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
I aint been on in a while, but thought I'd drop a note to let you know that I havent forgotten about this place, nor have I lost my love for the uke. I went through an incredibly painful divorce, and had to sell nearly all my instruments. I aint had a uke in about six months...it sucks. With way things are looking, it's gonna be another long while until I can get another.

Christmas checklist is as follows:
get job
get place to live
get life in order, lol
get ukulele

merry christmas to everyone who's spouse is not a scabby cheater:)

Great to see another familiar name! Here's hoping 2011 is a good year!

I am very sorry about your bad year and most certainly can relate, divorce sucks and gets nasty and you couldn't even keep ONE uke? That sucks.
I am laughing here because are you saying that if I had the misfortune to have a spouse that was a scabby cheater you are not going to wish me a Merry Christmas? I understand not wishing the scabby cheating spouse a merry christmas but I would be the deceived victim, shouldn't I have a merry christmas? (-:
I hope you have a Happy New Year with a great new job that you love, a nice place to live, an awesome ukuele and of course your life is in order.

Roxhum (no spouses, scabby or otherwise)

Wishing you da best . . . Mele Kalikimaka meka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Nice to see on the forum again CFG. Heres to a better year in 2011.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues in your life. All I can say is that it reminds me of what my old wrestling coach used to tell me.

"tough times don't last... Tough people do".

Welcome back, and I hope 2011 is a much better year for you. I hope you can pick up a uke soon. Maybe someone can loan you one? I would be happy to do so if we lived closer to each other.

I am laughing here because are you saying that if I had the misfortune to have a spouse that was a scabby cheater you are not going to wish me a Merry Christmas? I understand not wishing the scabby cheating spouse a merry christmas but I would be the deceived victim, shouldn't I have a merry christmas? (-:

excellent point...I had to laugh myself. To everyone who embraces the ideal that "LOVE" and "FORGIVENESS" are words of substance rather than 'feel-good' merriment, Merry Christmas! you scabby cheaters can choke on Christmas dinner for all I care.

lol...yeah, I'm working on that forgiveness thing

I aint been on in a while, but thought I'd drop a note to let you know that I havent forgotten about this place, nor have I lost my love for the uke. I went through an incredibly painful divorce, and had to sell nearly all my instruments. I aint had a uke in about six months...it sucks. With way things are looking, it's gonna be another long while until I can get another.

Christmas checklist is as follows:
get job
get place to live
get life in order, lol
get ukulele

merry christmas to everyone who's spouse is not a scabby cheater:)

Welcome back!!
check your PM box.

g'day mate

real sorry to hear about what's been going on in your life.

Not sure if I can help you with everything on that checklist, but I can sure help you out with a uke I reckon.

I just sent you a message. Let me know...

Hope things start to pick up for you in the new year.

Welcome back, sorry to hear of rough times you have indured. Keep your head-up & stick to your Christmas check list. Sounds to me you complete that list you should be well on your way again. God bless & may 2011 be your year.

excellent point...I had to laugh myself. To everyone who embraces the ideal that "LOVE" and "FORGIVENESS" are words of substance rather than 'feel-good' merriment, Merry Christmas! you scabby cheaters can choke on Christmas dinner for all I care.

lol...yeah, I'm working on that forgiveness thing

That forgivness thing is a work in progress. It only took me 22 years to forgive my scabby ex.
Roxhum

Wow Brah! Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but it's good to see you back on the Underground. Definetly wishing the best for you in the coming year.

Aloha CFG,
Sorry to hear about the bad news, Welcome back and I guess it the first step back to the Ukulele....we know where your passion is...get a cheapie Rogue from Musician's friend for $24.99 free shipping and
it will cure your ukulele fix and get by ....it was my first 3 1/2 ago and still is my daily player...learned a valuable lesson, doesn't matter what you play, important thing you having fun...I hope you ger your list taken care of and move on....hopefully next year will do it for you....get #4 first....he he.. Take Care, Keep Warm, and God Bless!! Happy Strummings and Happy Holidays!! Best Wishes!! Mele Kalikimaka and
Hauoli Makahiki Hou!!! (Merry christmas and a Happy New Year) MM Stan..

2011 is gonna be YOUR year! Keep your head up and options open. It'll be blue skies before you know it. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Glad to see you're back cornfedgroove. Take it from someone who has been through a nasty divorce. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. It is WAY better on the other side. You just have to get there. Stay positive, keep the kids as the #1 priority, and fall back on familly and friends.

As far as needing a uke, check your PM.

I've wondered what might have happened to you. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced and hope that you can quickly recover to a more normal and peaceful life. If you will, please send me a PM with an address and I will be glad to send you a ukulele to help you in your recovery process. Godspeed to you. :D

Top Bottom