Soprano/Concert Flea.

Witters

Reaction score
Sorry to start another thread but can someone advice on the following please:

Is a Concert Flea's Fretboard almost the same size as a Tenor Fretboard on a normal size Uke?

I am asking because I notice that the Soprano Flea has a wider than normal Fretboard compared to normal Soprano Uke's which in my opinion feels more comfortable, but am a bit worried to get a Concert Flea incase the Frets are similar to a normal Tenor because that would render it a bit to far of a stretch for me as I can't really get on with a normal Tenor.

Many thanks.

Well, naturally there is a length difference in the different scales so the spacing of the frets will be slightly larger. As for width, I've always heard the Fleas and Flukes are wider than most ukes.

The nut width of a Fluke tenor is .05 inches larger than the concert. The concert and soprano are identical.

If you are used to playing the Flea, the Fluke Tenor's width difference shouldn't really be noticeable.

Well, naturally there is a length difference in the different scales so the spacing of the frets will be slightly larger. As for width, I've always heard the Fleas and Flukes are wider than most ukes.

The nut width of a Fluke tenor is .05 inches larger than the concert. The concert and soprano are identical.

If you are used to playing the Flea, the Fluke Tenor's width difference shouldn't really be noticeable.

really? i always though they were bigger... thanks for clearing it up :nana:

Thanks for that Deach.
In that case I shouldn't think a Concert would be out of my finger reach then. Not that I play challenging chord songs yet but having tried various difficult chords in practice I can't seem to stretch on a normal Tenor which is a problem for me because I would like to play this size.
The Concert meets (or one would assume) half way between Soprano and Tenor and after getting used to a Soprano I want to get something a little bigger and try one with a pickup.

Having said all that, I love my Soprano Flea better than my all solid wood Kiwaya which is superb. I don't know what it is, I just think we all have a favorite whether its a laminated cheap Uke or a top of the tree hand made one and I have fallen for the Flea.

Top Bottom