Cool ukulele tool

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
I had been looking for a small philips screwdriver to keep in my soprano case in that tiny compartment. Looking but not finding what I wanted, I decided to make one. I took stubby screwdrivers and ground them down, I made one with a dice on the end.
I looked at my ukes and realized they all had different size Philips screws except for my 1930's Martin which has slotted screws. The best thing I have found so far is a 1/4 inch banjo nut wrench with a screw bit in the end. It's real small and doesnt take up much room. So now I can tighten my friction tuners on my uke easily because the screwdriver is right there in the case. Whenever I have a good idea I realize someone else thought of this wayyyyyyy before me so if this is old hat ,sorry. Just wanted to share my idea.

Attachments

• CIMG3617.jpg
    CIMG3617.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 61
Ever since I carried a ukulele into the county courthouse with a screwdriver in the case pocket--exciting the hell out of the security people--I've tried to figure out how to do something like this. I've thought about the screwdriver bit idea but couldn't figure out what to do about a handle for it. This is a great idea! Thanks!

I bet you could sell those things...whether you could make enough money at it to make it worth your time might be another matter, though.

John

cut a slot into the bit and weld that dime into the slot and I'd buy it.

Get a drum key, drummers use them to tune their gear, and a drill bit. You may have to do a little work to make it fit, I have yet to try. Just a thought.

I thought about the drum key but the hole is square not hexagonal which is the shape of the screw bit. I think it would be too much work to get it to fit. But you could grind a screwdriver shaft square.........hmmmm..........

Top Bottom