Mean hawaiian music...

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
i tried the search but couldn't find much.

i wanna play some mean hawaiian music on my ukulele, anybody got anything for me?... something heaps hawaiian. =] if that makes sense.

i mean like tabs to play on my ukulele, not a song.

i tried the search but couldn't find much.

i wanna play some mean hawaiian music on my ukulele, anybody got anything for me?... something heaps hawaiian. =] if that makes sense.

i mean like tabs to play on my ukulele, not a song.

What do you mean, "mean"? :confused: Like the song "I false crack my bruddah for eatin all da poi" - mean?

That song is called "Maui Girl" and it's one of those songs that's been performed by a number of Hawaiian entertainers and artists.

Attachments

• Maui Girl.pdf
    8.9 KB · Views: 24
Yup, TSH is great. And in particular, for your needs,

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?pid=songlist&sc=hm

I suggest:
Henehene Kou Aka

Oh man, that was supposed to be a longer list, but who am I kidding, I don't know any "classical" hawaiian music (what's the right term for that.) All I know is Fiji and Ekolu, and all of the stuff you hear on the contemporary hawaiian radio stations. :)

No reference for the tabs, but definitely get Peter Moon's stuff. He has a "Best Of" CD out, with tunes from Peter Moon Band and even Sunday Manoa days.

Oh, just remembered, Dominator has a version of Guava Jam on his site, as well as Tropical Storm if I'm not mistaken. You can probably find Kawika somewhere.

And, Tropical Storm (the website) has the tab (but not the notes) for On Fire! (Ka`au Crater Boys).

If you really want a stretch, my nephew just learned Opihi Moe Moe, then got schooled (today of all things) when he saw Ledward perform it. Back to practice. . .

I suggest:
Henehene Kou Aka

Oh man, that was supposed to be a longer list, but who am I kidding, I don't know any "classical" hawaiian music (what's the right term for that.)
You mean "traditional" Hawaiian music . . . too long to list, songs like
  • Noho Paipai
  • Koke'e
  • Hi'ilawe
And then you can't forget the hapa-haole songs . . .
  • Beyond Reef
  • Blue Hawaiian Moonlight
  • Honolulu, I Am Coming Back Again
  • Hele On To Kauai
  • Aloha Week Hula
A good resource for lyrics is Hawaiian Music and Hula Archives, unfortunately, no chords. As previously mentioned, TSH. This site for hapa-haole songs.

Top Bottom