First day as a ukeplayer, first recorded song

gustavfs

Reaction score
first time recording playing ukulele and singing at the same time,.. this is my first day as a ukulele player,.
I know my singing sucks and so does my playing, but I thought it would be fun to have somthing from my first day and show you :D.. i have like never heard my own voice before so it sounds really weird(and terrible).

noob song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c62pTmS6ZEk

That actually sounds great! Nothing wrong with your playing OR your voice, especially if you just started. I played bass for about... oh... 20 years before I could sing and play at the same time. So you're WAY ahead of the curve!

Oh thank you for your comment, my fingertips are like bleeding now , been playing the whole day : ).. i hope i can get used to my own voice and make it better, it feels strange and bad now but the ukulele is fun to play !

That was very good and fun. You forgot to turn the lights on.

Roxhum

I didnt wanted to video taped myself singing, I know its not impossible to make more of a fool of my self than ive already done ;)

Good job man, don't be discouraged.

actually, well done. Your voice is pretty good and will certainly get better with practice and confidence. Your chord changes are pretty smooth and your strumming, especially getting the chunking in there, is really good for a beginner. You are on your way to becoming a uke star!! good luck! Lozark

You'll soon get used to hearing your own voice and seeing yourself on screen.
A promising start.Go for it.

I have been playing for months and don't sound like that.. Good job!

Gustavfs, you've got some talent.
I'm in the same camp as Fitncrafty, I have been playing uke for more than a year, and would be really happy to play and sing as well you.

(As they say....I can't carry a tune in a bucket....but I'm OK with that.... it's just my wife that isn't :D .... )

Nice job on your first song, first day, first video post. Congratulations!
DAP

Dude that was awesome! I love how low and slightly raspy your voice was, VERY bluesy. Can't wait to see more. :D

Great srtumming and singing but most importantly the song has drive and you are having fun!

Good job,

Chris

Please tell me you had some musical experience before.

I've been playing for just over a week and I'm pretty happy with my progress, but only because I had absolutely no expectation to be as good as you anytime soon.

well i played Piano as a kid, but not serious or anything... but my family is very into music and my brother plays guitar my mother plays violin and guitar and my father plays piano and som other stuff..and all of us singing songs together once in a while. I havent been into any instrument like them so I thought it was time now :)

Thank you for the positive feedback and everything, a fun surprise and I will post some more as I progress :)

Top Bottom