Looking for good Concert uke with a cutaway 250$ price range

vofgofm33

Reaction score
The only good acoustic electric ukulele with a cutaway that I have found is the ou5lce that i can find for about 200$

i was planning to get this but most of the reviews I have read dont suggest buying it so do you all know of better?

It's hard to find a good one in that price range. I did turn up this - Ohana 20-CKE:
http://www.ukeladymusic.com/store/catalog.php?item=32

To be honest, I really don't know anything about that ukulele. Ken Middleton- who works for Ohana and is a member here- may be able to give you some info about it.

The Luna High-Tide concert ukulele has a cutaway + electronics.
They're the best off-the-shelf ukuleles I've used in that price range.

I own a OU5-LCE and I would say that it is a very nice laminated koa uke. The wood is pretty. The laminated top is thin and the uke is plenty loud enough to play acoustically. I love the neck on mine. I also love the fact that it is a tenor-scale neck on a concert body. The UK-2000 pickup is the same on the above recommended Ohana. The Ohana has a solid mahogany top, laminated back and sides.

One more thing about the OU5-LCE, it has open-geared Grover tuners that work very well and it stays in tune very nicely. It is a good stage and recording uke because the pickup is very nice for the job.

On the down-side, it is not a solid-wood uke and a lot of people will tell you to buy only solid-wood instruments or at least solid tops. Laminated ukes are less likely to crack in dry conditions and often hold tune better with changes in humidity, temperature, etc... so solid wood, laminated arguments don't matter as much to me, I have some of the finest ukes made and some like the OU5-LCE. This one does get played a lot. That says something.

The Luna High-Tide concert ukulele has a cutaway + electronics.
They're the best off-the-shelf ukuleles I've used in that price range.

I am with Kissing.. I love my luna concert.. you can check out their you tube page and hear it played. also check on Overstock.com.. they had them a few days ago for an incredible price!

The only good acoustic electric ukulele with a cutaway that I have found is the ou5lce that i can find for about 200$

i was planning to get this but most of the reviews I have read dont suggest buying it so do you all know of better?

aNueNue Papa 2 mahogany cut away electric concert with padded gig bag $309.00. It is a laminate and very nice.

Thanks for the responses. i think I will get the ou5lce the amazon reviews had me discouraged

If you can pay just a little more, you can get the all solid mahogany Ohana CK 25. The Luna High Tide concert can be found for $199 if you look hard. Just found out that KPK makes a nice concert cutaway of all solid acacia for around $180 or so. Another UU'er said new ones ship with synthetic bone nuts/saddles. I've querried the dealer. I am thinking of getting one of these myself. The tenor on YouTube sounds very good.

http://www.amazon.com/Koa-Pili-Koko...8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1298367735&sr=1-8

Last edited:
Top Bottom