Song Help Request I really want to play this.

Kvowens89

Reaction score
Aloha Chris,
That was very nice, you have a really nice voice...enjoyed it very much...Nice country up there, is that upstate NY??? Happy Holidays to you!! MM Stan

Haha as much as I wish it was, that isn't me! My name is Karl, this guy is one of my favorite guitar players.

This, from Richard G, comes pretty close:-

Blue Skies

Intro: [Dm] [F+] [F] [Dm6] [Dm] [F+] [F] [Dm6]
[Dm] Blue skies [F+] smilin' at [F] me [Dm6]
Nothin' but [F] blue skies [C] do I [F] see [F+] [A7]
[Dm] Bluebirds [F+] singin' a [F] song [Dm6]
Nothin' but [F] blue skies [C] from now [F] on
[F] Never saw the sun [Bbm6] shinin' so [F] bright
[Bbm6] Never saw [F] things [Bbm6] goin' so [F] right
[F] Noticing the days [Bbm6] hurrying [F] by
[Bbm6] When you're in [F] love [Bbm6] my how they [F] fly [A7]
[Dm] Blue days [F+] all of them [Dm] gone [Dm6]
Nothin' but [F] blue skies [C] from now [F] on [F+] [A7]
Nothin' but [F] blue skies [C] do I [F] see
[F] Never saw the sun [Bbm6] shinin' so [F] bright
[Bbm6] Never saw [F] things [Bbm6] goin' so [F] right
[F] Noticing the days [Bbm6] hurrying [F] by
[Bbm6] When you're in [F] love [Bbm6] my how they [F] fly [A7]
Nothin' but [F] blue skies [C] do I [F] see [F+] [A7]
[Dm] Blue days [F+] all of them [Dm] gone [Dm6]
Nothin' but [F] blue skies [C] from now [Bb] on [F]

http://www.allcountrytabs.com/tabs/nelson-willie/blue-skies-8704.html

When looking for a song, just type the title and the word "chords" into google. If it's out there, you'll find it. This being a old standard, there are several versions available. Also if you find it on chordie.com, that site has a transposing app. so you can put it in just about any key.

watching his fingers it looks like he is just playing your standard 4 chord wonder? I see G, C, F, and Am then some others that I'm not sure of. Maybe some added notes? maybe a Dm?

You guys are awesome thanks so much for all the responses. Salukulady I had done a little searching on my own but I wasn't finding anything that was quite right and thats when I turned to the UU.

But honestly...I'm not even sure if he is playing in standard tuning. Could any of you uke gurus help me figure out what chords he is playing here? And also If this is just standard tuning?

http://www.youtube.com/user/lumberjackisto#p/u/23/pJithKff0zo

No time to get into this very deep but it appears he is tuned up 1 and 1/2 steps = Bb, Eb, G, C. Or he was just one step up in A, D, F# B but went out of tune or something. So the intro chords using chord names of C tuning to reference the chord "shape" are:

Am 2000, E7 1202, Am7 0000, D7 2020, C 0003, G7 0212, C 0003, E7 1202

From there you should be able to figure it out.
Hope this helps,

Thanks Dominator. I tried that out but it just didn't sound right to me. I've been playing one of the standard tunings suggested by these guys and it's working out pretty well.

Last edited:
Yeah, the tuning is whacky on this video being up a step and a half. BUT, if you get your uke in tune with the uke in the video then the shapes of the chords I gave you is definitley what he is playing. Good luck and have a Wonderful Christmas.

Top Bottom