Orange County CA ?!?

Are we gonna see you at the Island Bazaar show on the 23rd?

I'm in Huntington Beach......what's Oceanside got to do with it?

I'm in Costa Mesa... Let's plan somethin'...

I'll be at Island Bazaar on the 23rd too, to see what Rayan and Aldrine are up to :D

There's a large group of ukulelists that play Wednesdays on the beach at San Onofre, of all skill levels. PM me or call me at (760)458-6656 and I'll get you in contact with them. Many of those guys and gals carpool down to the Thursday kanikapila, Ukulele Society Of America, on Thursdays. Ric Douglas

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ukulele_Society_of_America

New here! I'm in Orange... anywhere besides HB for a Uke meetup?
These are the groups I know of in my area:
Island Bazaar, H.B.-2nd, 3rd & 4th tues. nights 7-9 Kolohe (hawaiian music)$5.00 16582 Gothard Street

Island Bazaar, H.B.-every thurs. night 6:30-8:30 Ukulele Jam (all music)

Island Bazaar, H.B.-every fri. morning 10:30-noon Surf City Strummers (all music)

Oasis Senior Center, Corona Del Mar-every mon. 1:00-2:30 Oasis Stummers (all music) 5th street and Margarite

Today's Pizza, Encinitas-every wed. night 7-9 Moonlight Beach Strummers (all music) off 5 FWY at Santa Fe exit

Barlett Senior Center, Torrance-every sat. morning 9:30-11:30 South Bay Strummers (all Music) 1318 Cravens

All ages are welcome at all of the above locations. Most groups charge $5.00 at the door and each group has a songbook available for purchase but not required.

If anyone in the So Cal area has other groups they would like me to spread the word about, please let me know and I will get the word out.

If you want to eat real Hawaiian food and listen to a real Hawaiian group perform, Uncle Henry and the Boys perform every friday night from 5-8 at Bob's Ohana Hawaiian Restaurant, 16814 Vermont Street, Gardenia.

I just got off the phone with Craig and here are the details. When you go to the beach at San Onofre, the beach sections are commonly addressed by the numbered restrooms. Bill Tapia is commonly there on Wednesdays, too.

Wednesday 3 - ? on the beach between restrooms 4 & 5

Saturday 3 - ? on the beach between restrooms 4 & 5

Does this mean a jam session at Island Bazaar on the 23rd? Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!! I'm so down!!!
California Tour Just 10 days away!
July 7, 2008
Heavens to Betsy, how time flies! The UU crew will be making their first trip to the mainland and be in California from the 18-23. We will be hitting up the Bay Area, San Diego, and Orange County. We’ll have our UU merch, and Aldrine’s CDs for sale and also be giving away stuff at selected shows. We may even film some live ‘Uke Got Mails’. So if you live in these areas, please block out your schedules and come down to hang out. We’re looking forward to meeting you!

Tour Schedule:
Bay Area
July 18 - 8:00pm - Mike Dasilva’s - Live Performance / Live Uke Got Mail Filming / free stuff giveaways ($15 at the door)
July 20 - 6:00pm - Hukilau San Francisco - Live Performance

San Diego
July 21 - 6:00pm - Pacific Arts Dance Studio - Beginner and Advanced Ukulele Seminars / Live Uke Got Mail Filming / Free stuff giveaways ($15 at the door)
July 22 - 6:30pm - Mo’s Island Grinds - Live Performance with Almost Islanders

Orange County
July 23 - 7:00pm - Island Bazaar - Live Performance and mini-seminar / Live Uke Got Mail Filming / Free stuff giveaways ($5 at the door)

See you there!

i live in mission viejo!!! off alicia and olympiad! how about you?

Orange County
July 23 - 7:00pm - Island Bazaar - Live Performance and mini-seminar / Live Uke Got Mail Filming / Free stuff giveaways ($5 at the door)

5 dollars? you think were rich down here in the OC? =P cant wait, sooo hope I dont get called into work.

So what are all the OC people doing this weekend anyone up for meeting up someplace for lunch or something? I know ill be hungery tomorrow

5 dollars? you think were rich down here in the OC? =P cant wait, sooo hope I dont get called into work.

So what are all the OC people doing this weekend anyone up for meeting up someplace for lunch or something? I know ill be hungery tomorrow
I've always thought it would be cool to meet up at the beach in Huntington. If anyone wants to, I know a perfect place at Huntington City Beach to meet. A nice grassy area by the sand. It cost $10.00 to get into the beach, unless you all want to meet were I live, I have a 15 person van and am willing to transport. So if anyone wants to Jam tomorrow, let's talk tonight.

Top Bottom