New and Vintage: Harmony Vagabond

pdxuke

Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Had my eye on this along time and finally grabbed it at a local shop. Really fun! Wooden and painted Harmony, probably late 40s to 5os (anybody have any other info?). I'm guessing it's some kind of thin mahogany "Ply" that they used on these, cause it sounds great!

Whoooooooo..... NICE!!!!! I picked up one of the green/white ones with the stenciled canoe and palm trees a couple of weeks ago. I've never seen that one before. I would agree on you about '40s to '50s, but that's totally a guess.
Here's mine:
100_2757.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I love your beautiful Harmony ukulele. Enjoy it.

hi pdxuke

:drool: great buy mate!!! that one is beautiful. Not seen that top design before. Gorgeous...want.want.want...accepting offers???????? :eek:

Here is a quick shot of my Harmony made Silvertone. A great little uke, I love it. It stays in tune for months at a time!
Photoon2010-12-23at1058.jpg

I almost never see the "Vagabond" uke at all. Glad you picked it up as that is not a common one and yours looks like it is in unplayed condition! Great score!

Here is a quick shot of my Harmony made Silvertone. A great little uke, I love it. It stays in tune for months at a time!
Photoon2010-12-23at1058.jpg

I almost never see the "Vagabond" uke at all. Glad you picked it up as that is not a common one and yours looks like it is in unplayed condition! Great score!

That is very cool. Silvertone was the Sears line made by Harmony, right?

I love to see artwork like this. I am gonna start a uke art thread.

Yes, they were made by Harmony. I like this one because it has the all wood fretboard. Nothing against the plastic fretboards but I like the look of uke's which have the frets set right into the neck.

It isn't a loud uke, and the action is a tiny bit high but very acceptable for a uke that cost maybe seven or eight dollars! Not high enough to warrant doing anything about it!

Top Bottom