PDA

View Full Version : Gretsch Sample

pdxuke
12-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Ok, strings are still settling in, and this is just a mess around with GargaeBand. But I had a good time:

http://soundcloud.com/pdxuke/it-had-to-be-you

Chris Tarman
12-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow! That sounded great! Cool singing, and the Gretsch sounds fab! BTW, how do you put stuff from Garageband on here? I can get it into my iTunes, but have no idea how to get it on the interwebs.

pdxuke
12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow! That sounded great! Cool singing, and the Gretsch sounds fab! BTW, how do you put stuff from Garageband on here? I can get it into my iTunes, but have no idea how to get it on the interwebs.

Hi Chris: I have to ftp it up to my own web site. I'm not a you tube face out there guy, so I have to host my own audio. Wish youtube would just let me upload mp3. I guess I could work around that by importing the mp3 into imovie and then into youtube, but it seems a pain and it would be a blank screen with titles anyway.

And thanks for the kind words. The Gretsch is really sweet.

UPDATE: I found a place called soundcloud.com that gives you 120 free minutes of sound uploads. So, sign up for an account and then just upload your songs from garageband via itunes

mm stan
12-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Aloha Thom,
It does sound nice and good voice you have.....thanks for sharing....Have fun and Enjoy!! Happy Holidays...MM Stan

TCK
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Nice vintage sound (I think they call it "bark"), anyway, that old Gretsch sounds as sweet as it looks!

molokinirum
12-23-2010, 04:48 AM
Excellent vintage sound, loved the song, the playing and the singing!!!!
Congrats on your "new" uke!

DAPuke
12-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing.
DAP

Jnobianchi
12-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Swell! That sounds great. Thank you for posting it!