any idea what make this uke is?

HornedOne

Reaction score
Kinda looks like an older Brüko? But I didn't know they ever did gloss finish. A closeup on the bridge could probably confirm or rule that theory out. Brüko makes dependable reliable nifty little ukes.

No I haven't got a close up (yet) My bid is the highest at the moment so with a little bit of luck I can buy it and make some close up pics myself :p

I second two of the previous posts, it does look vintage Harmony - ish, esp with the black tuners, BUT the lighter fingerboard and white soundhole ring and fret markers looks more like Brüko, and if the headstock has a "V" shape of lighter wood in the center, which I think I can just barely make out, it would be a Brüko, which would be more probable in Europe. The darker bridge looks like the jacaranda they use and the bottom of the fingerboard looks typical. A good little vintage Brüko soprano would make a nice find.

Last edited:
yeah but the part where the neck joins the body is rather a-typical for bruko ukuleles right?

but I guess I'll see tomorrow because I won the bid with a bargain of only 30 euros. I'm picking it up tomorrow around 2 pm :p

well I've got the lil bugger and tiny it is. it has a slightly smaller scale than my makala pineapple. but it truly sings.

according to the folks whom I bought it from its at least 41 years old because thats when they inhereted the uke. and they have no idea how long the uke hang on the wall before that.

it has some playing marks on the 1st and 2nd fret so it was played for sure.

I strung it up with marting fluorocarbons and it has such a warm sound

I'm absolutly chuffed to bits and that all for only 30 euros and 7.5 euros for the strings

are you any closer to seeing if its a bruko?
can you send the factory some pics, perhaps?

yup, its deffinitly a ukulele.

Top Bottom