Video Instructions for Making DIY Case Humidifiers from Empty Glitter Tubes

OldePhart

Reaction score
I found something even better than film cannisters or test-strip containers - glitter tubes! My crafty wife and granddaughter spent yesterday making pine-cone Christmas trees - so now I have six containers that are the perfect size.

Well, after destroying the first one by drilling the holes too close together, I now have five. After destroying the first container, I thought to set up the video camera to share my ineptitude with the world - here's to eight and one-half minutes of your life you'll never get back!

Aloha,
Thanks for sharing, I used to make mine out of old prescription bottles and a piece of sponge....MM Stan

Thank you for sharing your invention with all of us.

I particularly enjoyed the spontaneous editorials!

keep up the good work, and...

keep uke'in',

Darn, that is great idea and with your delightful video, there'll be no guesswork for me. Just need to find someone to use all that glitter.

High density memory foam, the stuff they use on mattresses and pillows, really holds a lot of water.

John

I don't see why they would not work. The question is how much humidity do you get out a single pillow.

What is good is that it looks like you can just throw one or more loose in in the case and it won't leak. If you can toss them in loose tobacco I woudn't think they would leak.

Of course you do miss out on the fun of drilling a hole in your finger with a home-made humidifier.

John

my Flash plug-in has been misbehaving a lot lately so when the video came through without sound I cussed, shut everything down, and re-booted my computer. :confused:

Heh, heh. I figured the sound of a drill and miscellaneous noises of crinkling paper and whatnot weren't too useful and I thought maybe by muting the sound it would make the movie file smaller. Took about 2-1/2 hours to upload as it was. I get pretty decent download speed on my DSL (around 6 meg measured and I'm paying for 5) but DSL upload speed SUCKS!

John

Top Bottom