Need a little help here

ytmr

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've probably caught UAS from everyone here, and I'm trying to come up with a pitch so my parents will agree to let me buy the Eleuke Mahogany MHP Concert. Any ideas?

All I have so far:
1. I won't disturb everyone at 3am!

Show them pics of how good it looks
explain with huge enthusiasm all the good points of the instrument
offer to save up, and ask if they'll help out
explain how important music is to a balanced, well rounded education and intellectual development, and how much the new uke will inspire that
find out their favorite songs and see if you can find someone doing them on youtube on an eleuke, play loud.

tell them you have decided to keep reptiles and really want a python.
Go out all day.
Bring up the ukuleles again the following day.

Their comeback will be: Don't play at 3am! Gotta love parents!

The best encouragement for them that I can think of, is that this is a musical instrument. Parents generally like helping their kids discover new talents. And however far you go with music, it's something that you will always take with you, something you can always do, something that's good for the soul.

Ukulele is an instrument, and when you learn to play an instrument, you learn about music and learn to love music. It develops skill and brings out talent, and is also just plain fun.

The Eleuke specifically helps you practice without disturbing others, or, can be plugged in to disturb everyone! It's electric, so the sound it has is never the sound it has. It can be tweaked and adjusted.

Hope that helps!

/started with clarinet in the 5th grade... it was a bribe to get me to do well on a science project, started with uke in my 30s...

EVERY kid (no matter how old) deserves a Christmas guitar!lele.. :)

Tell them that technology is ruining the world. Then ask them if they agree that it is time we returned to the traditional family values of kindness, respect, social harmony, and electric ukulele playing.
Being parents - like myself - they will have stopped listening by the time you get to the ukulele playing bit and will just grunt in approval.
Worth a try.

hey everyone. it's christmas here already for me, and I'm still trying my best to convince. pray for me! and by the way, I'm actually going to pay for it!

You could mention that having a eleuke will make it easy to play your ukulele music directly into the computer, and how that could be a whole new set of skills for you to develop. Being able to edit your audio, and play multiple tracks is a very good skill to have, and it is way better than other things you might be doing with that time.

–Lori

How about the truth, it will bring you great joy, pleasure, and help you connect with a community of quality people!

Top Bottom