UU Member's Christmas 2010 ukes!

beergeek

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread to post about any ukes you receive for Christmas this year...pics not required but certainly requested ;)

I have some inside info that I was good enough for Santa to bring me a new uke :drool:

As Santa has not yet arrived, I can't post anything yet but watch this space...LOL.

hi beergeek

does it count if you are your own Santa??? :eek:

I've got two this year, but one will hopefully be here in time for my birthday. :)

Part one:

My husband opened his Peterson pipe early, so I got to open the eleuke early. I still have some headphones under the tree, silently mocking me. :)

My Christmas present is a Bean Sprout tenor banjolele. The build is finished and it will ship out next week so it won't be under the tree tomorrow, but will be just as exciting to open when it shows up.

photo2600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Mine started out on the left coast from California on Tuesday. Fed Ex says they won't let me have it on the right coast in Virginia until next Tuesday. Poor little thing will spend Christmas locked in a cold Fed Ex truck (or warehouse if I'm lucky).
Tuesday won't be too bad. It is my 42nd wedding anniversary.
MP pineapple concert from another UU member.
IMG_0121.jpg
pencil.png

No real "ukes" for Christmas, but I was supposed to get my Stromby and my Maccaferri fixed for my birthday in September, but they're still at the luthier's. I DO have the 1,136 page Complete Beatles Score book. You know, the one with every part to every song. I'm wishing today would get over faster!!

Santa (me) sent a new uke all the way from Hawaii and it arrived from UPS last night. I am jumping inside with excitment and trying to squeeze play time into a busy day of cooking and baking. I received a lovely KPK Concert and will post a review next week. Two of my grown children will be receiving entry level Kala's for Christmas from me, I mean Santa.
Roxhum

I guess if we can count ourselves as Santa we can also count ukes we ordered a few weeks ago to have them ready for a Christmas show, right? In that case I guess my Mainland mango counts.

Also, Santa is bringing my granddaughter (6) an LU-11 from MGM this year.

John

I've got two this year, but one will hopefully be here in time for my birthday. :)

Part one:

My husband opened his Peterson pipe early, so I got to open the eleuke early. I still have some headphones under the tree, silently mocking me. :)

Nice! I have several Petersons. Good pipes! Good choice!

I've got 2 in the mail. Santa's been so busy he got behind with the builds, but I rang his elves this morning and they've just wrapped em up and sent em sleigh mail...should arrive next week :)

I have 2 Plastic Mainland coming for my 2 baby nieces. Going to pick them up from the UPS guy right now! I got a Reggecko and a Purple Gecko. I'll post some pics of them at a later date. Stoked to play them, I hear good things! (yes they are kinda for me too since they are still a little young to be playin ukes ;))

I found out during Thanksgiving that I'm being given a soprano flea from my folks. I splurged this past week and bought myself a tenor sized cigar box uke (from Barefoot Boogie Guitars) and a Custom Tenor Kanile'a (solid maple top, back, & sides). I got the CBU this past Tuesday and it's a fun uke to play. I got the Kanile'a today and it is great...I had a Kanile'a concert a little while back and was completely underwhelmed...this restores my faith in Kanile'a. I should also be receiving my Mya Moe tenor in a couple of weeks.

Not a 'uke, but used with my 'uke...I got a Roland AC-33 amp for small venue solo performing as an early Christmas present a couple weeks ago. I was just sitting here playing through it and am very happy with the tone it offers.

Santa (or as my siblings and I called him growing up, Chanukah Joe) has agreed to let me pick out a K brand ukulele when I'm in Hawaii in a few months. While I'm there, I'll also be helping Santa pick out starter ukes for my two nephews.

Top Bottom