The Captain

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
One of my favourite songs from the 1985 Various Positions album by Leonard Cohen (it's the song that follows Hallelujah).

I previously recorded it 3 years ago, but wanted to do it again.

The Captain by Leonard Cohen

Well Ken, as usual very well done. Love your dampening chord effect on this song. Goes well with it. I must say as you get older your singing gets better :) By the time your 90 you will be a legend! As you know I love the Cohen songs and you perform them well. Thanks! Lozark

Aloha and Merry Christmas Ken,
Wonderfully done.....souned really nice...I listened to it the second time and closed my eyes.. it was soo cool...just love the technique you used fo the muting and chucking...worked out so well..
I really hope you make it to the shores of here, it's just another pond to cross from california.....I know you'll enjoy it here and you have alot of friends here... Take Care and Keep Warm, God Bless!
Have a Nice Holidays... Happy Strummings....Stan....

Aloha and Merry Christmas Ken,
Wonderfully done.....souned really nice...I listened to it the second time and closed my eyes.. it was soo cool...just love the technique you used fo the muting and chucking...worked out so well..
I really hope you make it to the shores of here, it's just another pond to cross from california.....I know you'll enjoy it here and you have alot of friends here... Take Care and Keep Warm, God Bless!
Have a Nice Holidays... Happy Strummings....Stan....

Thanks again, Stan.

Great song I love Cohen, that dude can write. I prefer your vocals to his tho, I hope Cohen fan's aren't upset:)
Of course your playing is always great, I am still working in the chord changes and even, solid strumming, thanks for the tutorial.
DAP

Great song I love Cohen, that dude can write. I prefer your vocals to his tho, I hope Cohen fan's aren't upset:)
Of course your playing is always great, I am still working in the chord changes and even, solid strumming, thanks for the tutorial.
DAP

Thanks DAPuke. Glad you found the tutorial useful.

Great job as usual Ken. I have the feeling I'm going to be viewing this one more than once as I'm trying to work on triplets and you make it look so easy. :)

John

Great job as usual Ken. I have the feeling I'm going to be viewing this one more than once as I'm trying to work on triplets and you make it look so easy. :)

John

John, there are lots of ways of doing triplet strums. I think the trick is to practise each one separately and make sure that you know exactly what your fingers are doing with each one. Nearly all have the stress on the first note. The third note can also be important. The second note is often almost nothing, sometimes just catching one string (4th).

Top Bottom