New Uke Day!

DustinCasler

Reaction score
The day has FINALLY come. Should be getting my Kamoa Mahogany Concert uke in from UPS at some point this afternoon. I can't wait to get playing! Hope everyone else's holidays are going well thus far.

Aloha Dustin and Merry Christmas,
I hope you're new christmas present arrives today or soon.....Have fun and enjoy, let us know how it turns out.....Have Fun and Enjoy!!! Happy Holidays and Happy Strummings..Take Care and Keep Warm!! MM Stan...

Aloha Dustin, congratulations. Im sure you will love it, I got a Kamoa low G spruce top tenor from Sam (Great Guy)They sound awesome, hope it arrives for you today. Merry Christmas & Happy Strummimg!

GOT IT! After an essentially all day fight with UPS that seemed like the best FedEX commerical ever. I finally figured out a way to have them let me come pick it up myself. Thankfully the office is it was at is only about 10 minutes from the apt. For real, the new Kamoas look AMAZING. I am in the process of taking pictures and will post them later. For now have to go do dinner at the mom and stepdads. Also i wish there was a video of me trying to tune it by ear before my girlfriend came home with a tuner for me. I'm sure it was HILARIOUS. Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I can't wait to learn some songs. And yeah, I agree, Sam's advice and customer service is awesome. I can't wait to order a tenor from him. ha.

Here are 2 very poorly taken pictures for now. Remember this is a 2011 Kamoa Mahogany Concert model. I got a pic of the headstock and soundhole which I would say are the biggest changes from what we've seen of Kamoa and the new 2011 models. Everything came in great condition. There are a few imperfections, but i'd rather have a great uke that looks handmade.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll post more/better photos later tonight. Comment if there's a specific photo or closeup you want me to post.

Merry Ukemas! Looking forward to the pics. I like the new headstocks. I've also got a mahogany (Mainland) uke on the way. Parcelforce was a bit fail, so it'll hopefully be here in time for my birthday 5 days from now. UPS also nearly failed here too with another shipment that should not have been a last-minute delivery at all. They're consistent like that. I'm glad you got your uke!

Top Bottom