i love my uke

jelliott94

Reaction score
so on wednesday me and my dad finally convinced my mom to let us open presents early after opening a few i get my new ukulele its makala mk-c concert uke its amazingly easy to play only problem is i have to tune it every morning because it gos out of tune after a few hours but i love it i learned my first song today i hate the e chord but i found an alternate fingering that i like all in all im happy anyone have advice for beginner

Aloha Jelliott94,
Welcome to the UU and our forums.....and the ukulele...congrats on the new Makala concert...Google Mucicteacher2010 and Keonepax for awesome ukulele video tutorials..and Dr Uke for songs, chords, and
instruction....E chord..4447 As for your strings it will strech out and break in and then you'll not have to tune your uke that often....Have fun and enjoy..Happy strummings....Happy Holidays...MM Stan..

Hi Jelliot. Merry Christmas to you and welcome to the UU!!!

No advice except to have a ball. Play all over the fretboard and get a feel for the uke. Just enjoy making music and when you're ready then get into some more focused instruction. So many great beginner books, DVD's around. If you have any other questions about that stuff send me a PM and I can easily forward some stuff onto you.

And like Stan said, no stress about the strings. They're new and will settle down and hold tune soon enough.

Glad you've joined the UU and the forums. Such a beautiful, humble little instrument. And so addictive!

see you on the trail! eugene

Aloha Mele Kalikimaka & congratualtions on the new uke!

thanks for all the advice a buddy and me are going to be starting a band as soon as ive gotten to where i can change chords while still strumming

Congrats on the new uke! I love hearing people with high ambitions! rem

Hi Jelliot, I got a uke for Christmas too! I'm finding it ok to play chords because I already play guitar... it's holding the uke that's the problem! :D Enjoy your uke - keep us updated, and good luck with the band.

Loving your uke perhaps the most important component to becoming good uke player. Keep on playing.

Now I've got "I Love My Shirt" by Donovan stuck in my head, but with a new verse!:D

I have a Makala MKC it was the first concert size Uke I purchased , followed by a Kala FMC. The Makala is still my go to uke. When I first got mine delivered I had the same problem but changed the strings out...I have put Worth browns on mine, totally personal preference and they made a huge difference. The stock strings were awful. I have recently changed the nut and saddle for bone ones and the volume and sustain have both increased dramatically. They are a great starter uke....having said that I still play my MKC more than any other so may be starter is not the right phrase. Enjoy.

Top Bottom