Its a musical Christmas morning.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
As promised, here is a couple pictures of my daughter with her Christmas present. It was requested to post them, so here they are. It was really funny, because she got up, and turned the tree on. She was within a foot or two of her Les Paul as it hung on the wall hanger next to the tree. If it were a snake, it would have bit her. She huha'd around the tree messing with her Netbook Santa brought her. I told her several times to check the tree because I had broken an orniment. She messed around, took the broken orniment off the tree (with was litterally inches from her Les Paul. Suddenly out of the blue, she SHREEKED.. Jumped up almost dumping her netbook on the floor and lunged at the tree almost knocking it over. It was priceless, and I wish I had video, but this whole ordeal lasted over 30 minutes, while I gave her hint after hint to look at the tree closer. She swooped up her LP, and hugged it like it was going to be taken from her. Here she is with her new Les Paul. It was a priceless Christmas morning. (BTW: she is also a Michigan State fan, and had her hat and shirt on too, so she looked pretty goofy, lol)

164065_188485501167248_100000173975723_753107_1677801_n.jpg

Fortunatly, Santa got a good hug and kiss too.. :cool:
164104_188485527833912_100000173975723_753108_3355073_n.jpg

Merry Chirstmas everybody..

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pictures...I believe the gift of music is the best gift of all. I've tried to help my 15 year old daughter find the right instrument through the years, but she just never had the interest in any for very long. She prefers to read and got a Kindle for Christmas.

You're a fortunate man to have such a beautiful daughter that shares your love of music. A merry Christmas from my family to yours.

You're a fortunate man to have such a beautiful daughter that shares your love of music.

+1

..and she's very lucky to have such a generous, insightful father!

Happy Holidays!

jeff

Awesome. I've been waiting to see those photos Tudorp! I'm so glad she liked (loved!) the Les Paul. What a cool present. She'll always remember that!

What a wonderful Christmas for you and your family. You'll have to post an ukulele/Les Paul duet video someday! Merry Christmas!

What a great post, Tudorp! Great pics too. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Cool - great Christmas memory for both of you!

Thanks fokes.. She cranked on her LP some today, and I got to tell ya, my daughter is better than I thought she was. I didn't realize her strat was as worn out as it was until I heard her on the LP. It shocked her too the sounds she was making come out of it, hahhah.. She says the action, and playing is so much smoother and natural on her LP, so, she is a happy camper.. Now if I can get her to put it down long enough for us to get some sleep tonight, lol..

Merry Christmas to all of you..

God Bless

It is days like this one that make the no-xmas days worth it huh? I have two teens myself, both into music. Congrats on a great Xmas.

Thanks, Tudorp. Been waiting for the next chapter of this story and pictures and you didn't disappoint us. I'm thrilled for both of you. Your daughter is precious - so in love with her Les Paul. Great pictures.

That was one the threads that brought me out of lurk mode. And even more than instrument itself, it's the lasting memory that will be most cherished..... that's saying a lot, as that LP will be pretty darn cherished!

Top Bottom