What did you get for Christmas?

ukerdavid

Reaction score
I just thought that this would be a nice way of sharing what everyone got for Christmas, if they got something haha! non-the less happy holidays to all! :D

p.s. i got a Cordoba concert 20cm, its nothing special compared to what Ive seen on here but its alot to me, considering its my second ukulele!
5290374973_6cb929dd3c.jpg5290978506_43ff8c6dea.jpg5290377823_006121c49c.jpg5290376841_0be39661ea.jpg

The uke-related gifts I got were: A navy blue Ukulele Underground T-shirt from my in-laws (because the red ones were sold out); a set of Martin Fluorocarbon strings from my brother-in-law; and "The Jumping Flea" uke documentary from my wife.

Last edited:
The 'rents surprised me with a tenor mahogany Eleuke. She's a beaut! As is your Cordoba Ukerdavid! Merry Christmas :)

JCSdz.jpg

As for Ukulele, I got a Makala Dolphin in Candy Apple Red! I love the little thing!

makaladolphin.png

Excuse the bed head and pajamas, haha.

My uke related gifts were two packs of Worth strings (Mom meant well but got the wrong ones so I have to try and exchange them from Elderly) and most importantly, the Amplitude iRig kit for my iPhone and iPad. I can't wait to download the app off iTunes and get rocking!

Boo Hoo...he he only ukulele I got was a refridgerator magnet....at least it got strings and well made...weeeeeeeeeee, I am blessed to have all of you as friends.... MM Stan

Uke related - well, it IS
my son truly surprised me with
img-kitbuy-gold.jpg

MISTER BEER !
home brewing kit
this should be a lot of fun

Not uke-related, strictly speaking, and also technically not a Christmas gift...but I did finally get to play the little harp my birth-mother left for me at my parents' place a few months ago (she can't play any more because of illness). It's not particularly well made, and the wood has split all over the place, but it sounds fine and is great fun to play. I wish I had some way of taking it back east with me. Ah well.

1) My wife home from the Hospital!!
2) First Christmas w/my new Grandson!!
3) Both my daughters & one son-in-law to share it all with...

Oh, and a Grizzly Soprano kit, "The Daily Ukulele" book(!), and have a KoAloha Pikake Soprano, a Martin 0, & one more uke heading this way next week!

We don't do gifts, but I did recently buy myself a nice Kala thinline spruce-top tenor here in the Marketplace. I'm lovin' it! :)

Last night I was making dinner and realized I could use another pan of the correct size so I raided the downstairs apartment and found a brand new 3-quart Farberware saucepan which was perfect. So that was kinda like getting a present. :)

1) My wife home from the Hospital!!
2) First Christmas w/my new Grandson!!
3) Both my daughters & one son-in-law to share it all with...

Oh, and a Grizzly Soprano kit, "The Daily Ukulele" book(!), and have a KoAloha Pikake Soprano, a Martin 0, & one more uke heading this way next week!

sounds perfect Gmoney! Hope you had a marvelous day...

I got one gift today, from my three boys. Keith Richards new biography "Life". Can't wait to get into it. I've heard it is fabulous, a must read.

Oh yeah, and hosted my entire immediate family for Christmas, the best gift of all.

My wife lied to me... :mad: She told me that she wasn't going to be able to get me a new ukulele for Christmas this year. No, she got me two. I do not deserve this wonderful woman...

Riptide.jpg

Riptide ECUT-5BK-Tenor

Ohana.jpg

Ohana TK-75CG

I couldn't have been more surprised if I had woke up with my head sewed to the carpet...

Love you baby. :love:

That's our annual Christmas Eve movie. I didn't realize Rusty is now on The Big Bang Theory.

Other than the Eleuke that I got to a little early, I got some Aiaiai TMA-1 headphones. They look and sound killer. I got some matcha green tea from Teapigs for myself, and a moleskin stingy brim hat made for my head by ebay hat maker Jill Corbett. She sent it around Thanksgiving, but as it only got here on Wednesday, I decided to make it a gift. :)

I've got a Mainland concert from Eagle Music coming hopefully by my birthday, so Santa was VERY good to me. Last year I got the Kanilea dlx superconcert. That was grandpa's last gift to me, and I never want to top that.

Since Christmas is about family, I'll share this phone conversation I had with grandma. I did the Christmas Day call, and we chatted about things grandmothers want to talk about. And then somehow uke came up.

Her: You play ukulele??

Me: Yes ma'am, for a few years now. It's tough for me to say youkulaylee though, since the Finnish pronunciation is the same as the Hawaiian one. (me trying to over pronounce it because I know she'll think ookoolehleh will sound weird)

Her: Why don't you still play clarinet??

(I haven't played that since my freshmen year of college. My major instrument was VOICE.)

Me: .... I ...uhhh... well with uke I can at least try to sing and play. Guitar is too big for me. (Her oldest son and my uncle is a great player)

Her: But clarinet isn't too big! You should play clarinet!

Me: .....

I wasn't angry or annoyed or anything. It made me smile. It's not the only instrument I played. It was just the first one I played. I'm in my 30s now. To her, I'm a 5th grader in beginner band. But hey, I'm still young in SOMEONE'S eyes! :) Don't ever be annoyed by your grandparents, kids. They will ALWAYS see you as children. There's no way around it! And they won't be with us forever, so don't take them for granted. Grandpa wanted me to get the Kanilea because it obviously made me happy, and it was built very near a place that he loved very much.

I couldn't have been more surprised if I had woke up with my head sewed to the carpet...

Well, non ukulele presents wise, it was brilliant. I'm a music geek (well, as far as a teen music geek can get), and I splurged on a new pair of headphones, earphones and CDs (hellogoodbye, marianas trench's director cut)

Remember that thread with a poll asking what you wanted for Christmas? I selected "Talent" from the list of choices. Unfortunately Santa wasn't handing out talent this year, just advice: "Practice!", he said. I grumbled.

Fortunately three of the ukes I've given as gifts recently (including 2 of the ones I gave as gifts this Christmas) are taking root in their new owners' lives. My own uke orchestra is taking shape! My cousin Beth was awesome on her new Kala Koa Concert and my partner Holly did great on her new Kelii Tenor. Neither played a stringed instrument before but after watching the "How to Play Ukulele for Kids" video with Marcy Marxer my new accompanists had their C-G7-F chords going strong. We were able to play a nice rendition of Ukulele Lady (a simple one from Alligator Boogaloo) and an AWESOME version of the Capital Blues (James Hill). It was wonderful. Even better than getting talent is getting people to play with. Woohoo! Practice doesn't feel like practice when I'm playing along with others :D

I got one gift today, from my three boys. Keith Richards new biography "Life". Can't wait to get into it. I've heard it is fabulous, a must read.

Let me know how the "Life" book is. I'd love to hear a review! Thanks - and merry christmas!

I've had some wonderful gifts from the family, and shared Christmas with them. Not really any uke stuff apart from a Jimi Hendrix anthology CD - well it's a tenuous link, but I can see it.

The surprising and priceless thing that stands out is this forum. People reaching out, all your different lives, sharing and caring. MMStan, you and I are both blessed to have this as the uke part of our Christmas. Thank you all.

Bruce in Adelaide

Top Bottom