PDA

View Full Version : How do you get a member to stop posting?

deach
07-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Q: How do you get a member to stop posting?
A: Make them a moderator...

Where is everyone? Seeso, Davoomac, Fred, NukeDoc....

Work/school/life can wait! Don't they know I need to be entertained!!!

UKISOCIETY
07-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Q: How do you get a member to stop posting?
A: Make them a moderator...

Where is everyone? Seeso, Davoomac, Fred, NukeDoc....

Work/school/life can wait! Don't they know I need to be entertained!!!

Isn't Seeso being tested for shrimps?

deach
07-07-2008, 05:47 AM

Is that like being tested for crabs? hope not... :confused: :uhoh:

grappler
07-07-2008, 06:38 AM
wats that??
is he ok?

deach
07-07-2008, 06:40 AM
wats that??
is he ok?

It's a joke. He was studying for a test at his new job. Shrimp was part of a menu item.

Fred Miu
07-07-2008, 06:58 AM
i dunno about nukedoc or davoomac, but me and seeso are on a lot, jsut dont post as much anymore.

i work 6-8hrs a day and go surfing the rest of the day, and i still see seeso online at night.

we still around :)

degracia
07-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Ya. NukeDOC and davoo have been MIA for awhile.

LOL, throw me in that list. For some reason, I've been off of UU for a while now. I usually post 3x per day, but its more like 2x per week.

hotnanas
07-07-2008, 07:51 AM
i dunno about nukedoc or davoomac, but me and seeso are on a lot, jsut dont post as much anymore.

i work 6-8hrs a day and go surfing the rest of the day, and i still see seeso online at night.

i've picked the wrong lifestyle.

Fred Miu
07-07-2008, 08:10 AM
i've picked the wrong lifestyle.

hhahaha thats because im in hawaii for the summer.

when i get back to da mainland, imma be doing school full time and working full time. :\

davoomac
07-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Aah deach, lol. you know that we want to hang out with you on UU hehe. Maybe someone whose name rhymes with beach should be a moderator... or be moderated. ;)

I know its lame excuse, but work and school stuff keep getting in the way of UU time. I still get on here throughout the day, but I don't get to posting as much as before.. I am missing out!!

deach
07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Aah deach, lol. Maybe someone whose name rhymes with beach should be a moderator.. ;)

I'm the reason forums need mods.

NukeDOC
07-07-2008, 11:09 AM
im here. ive been checking the boards. just havent been posting as much anymore. there are so many more knowledgeable members here now that anything that i say in response to anything just becomes redundant hahaha.

but yeah i have been really busy lately. between work, the kids, the band, and the GF, im spread out extremely thin nowadays. so when i finally get a chance to check out the boards, there are about 4-5 pages of new posts since my last visit. ill open up all the ones that im interested and skim through the posts with the intention of posting in them if i feel the need... and by the time i get to the last one, im over it hahaha.

everyone here has been doing such a great job of moderating themselves, except for deach hehe, and providing great answers to even the most recurrent questions. all thats left for me to do now is hit that delete button whenever it is necessary hahaha.

now lets back to discussing those new makak ukuleles. has anyone tried makak yet? :rofl:

tad
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
now lets back to discussing those new makak ukuleles. has anyone tried makak yet? :rofl:

If you don't know, you're doing it wrong.

lovemissheather
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM

when i get back to da mainland, imma be doing school full time and working full time. :\

*sings*

heyyyyyy jealoussssyyyyyy

lovemissheather
07-07-2008, 11:36 AM

this is so true...

RON<>VA
07-07-2008, 12:17 PM

Somehow the idea of deach and "moderate" just don't go together. . . but man, would it be fun having deach as a moderator. UU party every night (and morning and afternoon)

TsouL
07-07-2008, 12:26 PM
lol add me to the list also i hate working during the day i would rather be at school haha plus my jet ski doesnt fix itself but i wish it would

lovemissheather
07-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Is that like being tested for crabs? hope not... :confused: :uhoh:

hahahahaha
:D

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
wats that??
is he ok?

HAHAHA!!

im sure hes fine :) they don't post as much because they have lives... unlike myself, its the holidays and i don't do anything except go to new zealand and sit looknig as this site, refreshing for new goss ;)

nikolo727
07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
hmm. i didnt know seeso was a chef. sweet. makes me like him even more!

(ps: i love steak)

tripl3thr33
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
i've noticed that too! i remember when fred wasn't a mod. he was posting like crazy! haha. but as they said, life could get really busy, even if it's summer time.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM

sucks when you go from a vacation type thing back to your school/work life :mad:

davoomac
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I imagine that deach moderating would be him editing our posts and inserting sarcastic remarks hahahah. :p

deach
07-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I imagine that deach moderating would be him editing our posts and inserting sarcastic remarks hahahah. :p

lol. you forgot to add cynical but you're a mod so I forgive you.

Fred Miu
07-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Dang imma make a long post haha;

everyone here has been doing such a great job of moderating themselves, except for deach hehe, and providing great answers to even the most recurrent questions. all thats left for me to do now is hit that delete button whenever it is necessary hahaha.

that is true, a lot of people have been helping each other out and moderating theirselves, which is good for us so that we dont have to work so much.

*sings*

heyyyyyy jealoussssyyyyyy

jealousy of what ;)

i've noticed that too! i remember when fred wasn't a mod. he was posting like crazy! haha. but as they said, life could get really busy, even if it's summer time.

haha well that was when there was like 50 members and it was new, it had to look like the forum was busy even though it was new. so by me acting like a spaz by post whoring all the time, it made the site seem a little bit busy, and now it is.

plus, now i have a crap load of posts HAHA:biglaugh:

lol. you forgot to add cynical but you're a mod so I forgive you.

i do that to triple three anyway haha.

(dont you forget that i still get to do that to you T3! haha)

lovemissheather
07-07-2008, 10:23 PM
jealousy of what ;)

whoa.... dont get dirty now! :o

i just meant of a hawaiian vacation.
in this 108 degree weather, i would LOVE to be out surfing playing uke on the beach somewhere.

not... sweating inland here in the inlands of california.

le' sigh.

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-07-2008, 10:57 PM

i just meant of a hawaiian vacation.
in this 108 degree weather, i would LOVE to be out surfing playing uke on the beach somewhere.

not... sweating inland here in the inlands of california.

le' sigh.

i miss sweating inside, i HATE winter sooo much ... in Australia, its either boiling hot or freezing... theres no normal here and i hate it too much. I love going to our beaches and stuff in summer and every1 is tanning haha :music:

Fred Miu
07-07-2008, 11:15 PM

who said it was gettign dirty? :p

uke142464
07-08-2008, 01:52 AM

haha, If I lived close to the shore, I'd be surfing from dawn to dusk.

lovemissheather
07-08-2008, 05:01 AM
who said it was gettign dirty? :p

pshhh....

*shakes head*

seeso
07-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Sorry guys, I've been really busy lately. I'm working a lot. I try to check the forums when I get home, but I just don't have much energy at that point. I just want to vegetate.

(I'm not a chef, by the way. I'm waiting tables. I'm at Bubba Gump on Navy Pier.)

Luckily, this forum is on auto-pilot, for the most part. Like Nuke said, there are a lot of people here who are way more knowledgable than I.

I miss you guys, though! It won't be like this forever. I'll be back once things settle down a bit.

deach
07-08-2008, 05:43 AM
(I'm not a chef, by the way. I'm waiting tables. I'm at Bubba Gump on Navy Pier.)

Bet your fingers constantly smell like seafood.

(not really a big change is it stud?)

russ_buss
07-08-2008, 05:45 AM

BASTOS!!! somebody run and tell a mod! oh wait...:D

seeso
07-08-2008, 06:00 AM
BASTOS!!! somebody run and tell a mod! oh wait...:D

Excellent usage of tagalog, Russ! :D But we do not have to punish Deach for any perceived indiscretion. He is merely wrong, not rude.

It's not just my fingers that smell like seafood, it's my entire body. I'm knee-deep in whitefish and crustaceans all day...

deach
07-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Excellent usage of tagalog, Russ! :D But we do not have to punish Deach for any perceived indiscretion. He is merely wrong, not rude.

It's not just my fingers that smell like seafood, it's my entire body. I'm knee-deep in whitefish and crustaceans all day...

One word - penicillin

hoosierhiver
07-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Seeso was nearly hired by the Transylvanian Opera, but I guess was the wrong blood type.

cheeseburger
07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
i love this forum...

lovemissheather
07-08-2008, 09:40 AM

hahahaha
wow, i cant believe he just went there....

hotnanas
07-08-2008, 09:43 AM
lol, why not? it's deach we are talking about here, and it's hilarious nonetheless!

lovemissheather
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
lol, why not? it's deach we are talking about here, and it's hilarious nonetheless!

you have a point, my friend.
you have a point.

deach,
i wish i had one of you to store in my closet that way any time i need to turn my frown upside down, i could just open the door and have my own personal ..... uh ...... deach.

yeah, that works.:p

SailQwest
07-08-2008, 09:52 AM
deach,
i wish i had one of you to store in my closet that way any time i need to turn my frown upside down, i could just open the door and have my own personal ..... uh ...... deach.

Yeah, I could use my own personal ..... uh ...... deach today.

Too many e-mails received today about hurricanes (not to mention pirates, and not the fun kind). I HATE hurricane season!!!

deach
07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
deach,

How do you know I haven't been hiding in your closet?

oh wait, that didn't sound right....

deach
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I could use my own personal ..... uh ...... deach today.

Too many e-mails received today about hurricanes (not to mention pirates, and not the fun kind). I HATE hurricane season!!!

hurricanes sucks. they delay deliveries....

hotnanas
07-08-2008, 10:24 AM

deach! deach! come out of the closet! lol.

lovemissheather
07-08-2008, 12:25 PM

oh goodness.......

RON<>VA
07-09-2008, 04:38 AM

Well, it has become apparant that the U U officials need to make a visit to deach's place and give him a good spanking for being naughty. Wait, on second thought, that would not be considered punishment at all. Nevermind!;)

deach
07-09-2008, 04:39 AM
Well, it has become apparant that the U U officials need to make a visit to deach's place and give him a good spanking for being naughty. Wait, on second thought, that would not be considered punishment at all. Nevermind!;)

There you go blabbing again. So much for "I don't spank and tell."

RON<>VA
07-09-2008, 05:07 AM
There you go blabbing again. So much for "I don't spank and tell."

Opps . . . I have violated the "don't spank, don't tell" rule. Sorry.

(If my count is accurate, responding to deach gives me 100 post and I am now senior. What an honor. And I owe it all to deach, sorta. Actually I owe my senior status to my mom and dads activities 63 plus years ago! Oh my, I just dated myself)

Well, post # 99. Just give me senior status, I deserve it!

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Opps . . . I have violated the "don't spank, don't tell" rule. Sorry.

(If my count is accurate, responding to deach gives me 100 post and I am now senior. What an honor. And I owe it all to deach, sorta. Actually I owe my senior status to my mom and dads activities 63 plus years ago! Oh my, I just dated myself)

Well, post # 99. Just give me senior status, I deserve it!

hahahahaha! i didn't get it at 1st, but now i do... and i think they way you used those words is a way or art :p

RON<>VA
07-09-2008, 05:17 AM
hahahahaha! i didn't get it at 1st, but now i do... and i think they way you used those words is a way or art :p

Not sure I would relate my confusing post as "art" but thanks for being kind to a senior!:)

**OK, finally, 100 post! Now I am really senior!

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Not sure I would relate my confusing post as "art" but thanks for being kind to a senior!:)

congrats on senior! :bowdown:

art is confusing, which is where i was getting at.

deach
07-09-2008, 05:24 AM

Congrats! but now there really is nothing else to look forward to. :(

RON<>VA
07-09-2008, 05:41 AM
Congrats! but now there really is nothing else to look forward to. :(

Nothing to look forward to except to buy another uke! So life from here on is simply buy a new ukulele or die! OK . . . now, have nice day.

deach
07-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Nothing to look forward to except to buy another uke! So life from here on is simply buy a new ukulele or die! OK . . . now, have nice day.

Why do you think I buy so many? :confused::(

hotnanas
07-09-2008, 05:54 AM
lol, same here...i have a 6 string uke coming in the mail...and I don't even know how to play 4 strings.

Fred Miu
07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
haha heres a post for you deach; i love what your siggie says >_<