ELEUKE GO-AHEAD :D Ideas?

ytmr

Reaction score
YEAH! My mum finally agreed, and is even going to fund 1/3 of it so I'll probably be able to get an amp and new strings and a strap too :D

Which model should I choose? I'm stuck between:

1. Rosewood 100 series
2. Jazz Cutaway Rosewood
3. Jazz Cutaway Sunburst
4. RH Series

I'm leaning towards the Rosewoods, cause it's cheaper, but the Sunburst looks really cool, and I fancy the RH cause the black one looks really sweet. Basically, I'm indecisive, so any help here?

Oh, and does the Mahogany/Rosewood make any difference? Can't see how it would, since it's solid body right?

They will all sound pretty much the same. So just pick the one that you like the looks of.
Personally I'd go for something with a cutaway, because I think it's more practical on a solid body electric. High fret access.

I bought a concert sun burst jazz cutaway a few weeks ago and I really like it. I like the size of the jazz body, but frankly I think all of the EleUke bodies are nice. Good luck on your decision and let us know what you ended up with.

If you can wait a week, ask again. I've got a rosewood 100 series on order, due any day now. I hope to be doing a review of it soon. They look great, don't they.

I'd recommend buying from Mim's Ukes. Check out the deals. Great prices, great to deal with, and see if any extras are thrown in.

I've got the jazz concert too. Musique83 didn't have the cutaway at the time so I got the full body. It's pretty spiffy and it's like I'm some 15th fret junkie anyway. If you want to mimic a traditional uke for practice purposes, it might be best to not have a cutaway.

Thanks everyone! I'm probably going to go with the Rosewood 100 series, it has a cutaway too (I think, from pictures it looks like it does), and I kind of like this look better than the f-holes. :D

Thanks everyone! I'm probably going to go with the Rosewood 100 series, it has a cutaway too (I think, from pictures it looks like it does), and I kind of like this look better than the f-holes. :D

Good choice! Why I like the 100 series cutouts, when you are done playing, you grab it through the hole, lift it over you head, and announce "THANK YOU VERY MUCH SINGAPORE!" Like a proper rock n' roll star! Ha!

... not that I do that every time I play... because I dont... I don't say Singapore... I say Charlotte...

Good choice! Why I like the 100 series cutouts, when you are done playing, you grab it through the hole, lift it over you head, and announce "THANK YOU VERY MUCH SINGAPORE!" Like a proper rock n' roll star! Ha!

... not that I do that every time I play... because I dont... I don't say Singapore... I say Charlotte...

Great idea, Mim! ;D

I have tried to find my way around the jungle of Eleuke model designations but feel a bit lost. I did figure out the size lettering. T(enor), C(oncert) etc. And I also think I've seen through some of the different woods/finishes: P(alisander), M(ahogany), SU(nburst). The rest I've given up on. Do any of you know any further?

Merry Christmas, Jens

I have tried to find my way around the jungle of Eleuke model designations but feel a bit lost. I did figure out the size lettering. T(enor), C(oncert) etc. And I also think I've seen through some of the different woods/finishes: P(alisander), M(ahogany), SU(nburst). The rest I've given up on. Do any of you know any further?

Merry Christmas, Jens

Yes, model numbers are a pain. The first number is usually a series & size number and after the hyphen is the finish.

TC100 (Tenor Cutaway 100 series)
CC100 (Concert Cutaway 100 series)
SC100 (Soprano Cutaway 100 series)
TCJ100 (Tenor Cutaway Jazz)
CCJ100 (Tenor Concert Jazz)
FTCJ100 (Full Body Tenor Jazz)
FCCJ100 (Full Body Concert Jazz)
TCK100 (Tenor Cutaway K Series)
CCK100 (Concert Cutaway K Series)
SCK100 (Soprano Cutaway K Series)
TCP100 (Tenor Pineapple)
CCP100 (Concert Pineapple)
SCP100 (Soprano Pineapple)
SLT (Koa Series Tenor)
SLC (Koa Series Concert)
RH series have been historically written in 3 different ways. For the purpose of this infomation, if there is an RH in there... it is RH Series.

After the Hyphen:

SUHP3 - Sunburst
MBK - Metallic Black
BK - Gloss Black
VT - Violet
PHP3 - Rosewood
MHP3 - Mahogany
BL - Blue
RD - Red
WT - White
MP3 - written after models that are self-explanitory before the hyphen. Suck as SLT-MP3... it is Koa, will not be anything else.

OK, I do not know if I got them all, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head.
Took me a YEAR to learn these... and that is only because I am a dealer and Eleukes are my specialty. The other brands I carry, I am not as knowledgeable without a cheat-sheet :)!

Most dealers and listings though should give the model # and then specify what it all means. Example:

SC100-MBK3: Soprano 100 Series Metallic Black Eleuke
SLT-MP3: Tenor Koa Series Eleuke

That kind of thing.

Good luck!

Yes, model numbers are a pain.

Thanks a lot. It's a lot clearer to me now. Seems I was on the right track :)

Jens

I am impressed you knew as much as you did about it! It took me a bit to get used to it and to be honest I decided to figure them all out when I boo booed an order once, but out of all the ukulele brands I sell, Eleuke's model numbers make the most sense to me. They read like a book in a lot of ways. A very simple code, that when figured out makes a whole lot of sense.

Since the electronics are the same, I'd go with the jazz sunburst.

Haha! I love selling B-stocks. It is a good deal. If you ever have any questions about them you can always e-mail me or give me a call before bidding.

What are B-stocks? And why aren't there two holes in the red, violet and blue ones since they are 100 series cutaways? I want 2 holes in mine.

What are B-stocks? And why aren't there two holes in the red, violet and blue ones since they are 100 series cutaways? I want 2 holes in mine.

I was curious about that too... hummm.... What color are you eyeing ADD? Me.. violet all the way....

B Stocks are [alegedly] b-grade due to a flaw. Examples, some scratching of the finish coat, a ding in the body work. The price is reduced due to the flaw. The description of the items gives a good run down of the reason for B Stock grading.

Top Bottom