The Band - The Shape I'm In (She & Him)

kevkwak

Reaction score
I recently heard this from one of my favourite recent bands, She & Him, and loved it!... so, I used their song structure for it (missing a few verses) and set about finding reasonably working chords and a strum pattern. It's just an experiment to see if it would work on the ukulele as I haven't seen it done before.

I've been out of action for about 6 months so my voice sucks big time (always did anyway) but it's just to see your thoughts on whether it would make a good uke song.

I think it'll be fun to play once I've learnt it without having to read the lyrics, and hopefully my voice will improve soon enough if I keep on trying lol.

That was cool, I'd say keep it up, sounds good when you do the song, I'm not too familiar with She and Him. You sound good:) Your voice is good even if out of practice:)
DAP

Cheers DAP,

She & Him is an indie-folk/vintage-pop type band consisting of M. Ward (solo stuff is excellent) and the lovely Zooey Deschanel. Zooey also plays ukulele now and then which can be heard on their albums :)

Cheers DAP,

She & Him is an indie-folk/vintage-pop type band consisting of M. Ward (solo stuff is excellent) and the lovely Zooey Deschanel. Zooey also plays ukulele now and then which can be heard on their albums :)
I have heard of them but don't know much more than, Zooey's sister is an actor on one of my favorite tv shows, "Bones". Zooey is an actor too, but I haven't follow her music much. I do know you are talented and I would love to hear more from you if you feel like posting:)
DAP

Yeah, Emily is awesome, I too love Bones, never missed an episode. Zooey is also due to launch a new series I believe, "I'm with the Band" where she plays Pamela De Barres, which should be interesting and funny.

I'll keep posting more no matter how bad/good things are, as long as we have fun playing that's all that matters :cool:

Aloha Kevkwak,
Sounds good to me, nice job...thanks for sharing!! Happy strummings and Happy Holidays...MM Stan

I haven't heard the She & Him version of this, but I know and love the original. The Band were great! You did a nice version!

Hey.. I haven't heard that band, but I have to say, I am going to have to check them out.. Love the strumming, the song and you have a great and very unique voice! Great job all around!

Thanks for the kind words.

I keep finding myself playing this song as it's just good fun to play. Still a bit tricky in places but we'll get there!

Top Bottom