My cover of "Seminatori di Grano" by Gianmaria Testa

dirk.li

Reaction score
Aachen, Germany (As exciting as an empty parking-l
My first attempt at covering an Italian song.
I don't speak Italian, so I listened to the original a lot... I hope I didn't butcher it too badly! I put the English translation of the lyrics in the description on YT.

This is the first song of Gianmaria Testa's 2006 album "Da questa parte del mare" which I can highly recommend!

Sorry guys, I had to re-upload the vid because YT had butchered it and audio and video were out of synch! Here's the working link now:

Seminatori di Grano

Last edited:
If I didn't know better, (and I actually don't) I'd say you sound very Italian:) I do know you play and sing very well indeed. I like it.
DAP

Aloha Dirk.li,
Sounds like an italiano to me....but what do I know..all I know it sounds good and I enjoyed it....thanks for sharing!!! Happy strummings!! and Happy New Year!! MM Stan..
P.S. I like your uke playing too and nice uke with the rope rossete around the soundhole....

Aloha Dirk.li,
Sounds like an italiano to me....but what do I know..all I know it sounds good and I enjoyed it....thanks for sharing!!! Happy strummings!! and Happy New Year!! MM Stan..
P.S. I like your uke playing too and nice uke with the rope rossete around the soundhole....

Thanks!! Happy New Year to you, too!

Wow a German guy that sings in Italian! I've to say that mm Stan is right, you almost like an italian and you have a very good pronuntiation! You have just a little foreign accent, but it doesn't sound German but more English! Anyway great performace, I loved it! (And I've also been in Aachen and it's not so empty and unexciting!!)

Wow a German guy that sings in Italian! I've to say that mm Stan is right, you almost like an italian and you have a very good pronuntiation! You have just a little foreign accent, but it doesn't sound German but more English! Anyway great performace, I loved it! (And I've also been in Aachen and it's not so empty and unexciting!!)

Thanks a lot!! I'm glad you like my song cover and mille grazie for the compliments, mate!
As to Aachen, I guess it is a nice place as long as you don't live here permanently. At the moment it's much too cold for my taste!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom