New Mele

Kaimiloa

Reaction score
Just bought my first ukulele after playing other peoples' ones since I was a kid. I ordered the Cedar top/Koa body Tenor w/low G from Mele. The woman on the phone played a couple of different ukes for me over the phone and I liked this one the best. It was a good deal with case and extras. They have another one on ebay right now. It should arrive on thursday. Merry Christmas to me.

Now you need to come and join Mele Maniacs:)

Congratulations on getting the Mele. Hope you enjoy it and the boards. Hearing about your new uke makes me want to visit Mele and the island of Maui.

Aloha Kaimiloa,
Welcome to the UU and our humble forums and the ukulele...Congrats on your first purchase of a Mele....I have one too, a older double puka koa top...they are really nice..I know you
made a wonderful choice, have fun and enjoy...let us know how it turns out...Happy Strummings and Happy New Year!! MM Stan

Last edited:
Congratulations on your Mele, and welcome to the UU!

Hi Kaimiloa. I just bought the same uke from Mele in a concert size. My third Mele. Wasn't sure about the Low G thing on a concert but, as it turns out... it is fantastic. You're going to love that spruce top sound! You're gonna love your Mele. I'm assuming Cheryl (the owner) played for you over the phone. She and Steve (her lovely husband) are the BEST!

Yes, congrats on the new Mele!! Mele ukes are on my very, very short list of the next uke purchase. Great people there at Mele!

Top Bottom